Mobile-who can give me some information from the past

marshhawk

Mobile is about to re open. And folks who are new to cruising from Mobile (like me) would like to hear from past experiences while sailing from Mobile.

Hotels?

Hotels that offer parking?

Restaurants?

Parking area?

Even Carnival does not have parking info for this port yet.

Mobile is about to re open. And folks who are new to cruising from Mobile (like me) would like to hear from past experiences while sailing from Mobile.

Hotels?

Hotels that offer parking?

Restaurants?

Parking area?

Even Carnival does not have parking info for this port yet.

We cruised out of Mobile twice. The first time we drove to the port and found out that we had to park blocks away from the pier in a city park I think and be shuttled over to the ship. It was a long wait for the shuttle. When we got inside, the lines were extremely long and everything seemed unorganized. We said we'd never cruise out of there again. But we decided to give it another try and the 2nd time was much better. We opted to stay in Saraland at the Microtel because they offered a free shuttle and parking for the cruise. Pleasant experience and they were waiting on us when we returned. This was several years ago and I can't remember about any restaurants. Our 2nd cruise convinced us that Mobile would be a good place to cruise out of......and then CCL pulled out.

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile was our favorite cruise port because we would stay at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza hotel. It was beautiful. With their park and cruise deal you got a room for one night, could park there for the duration of the cruise and be shuttled to and from the cruise port for a very reasonable price. I don't remember what that was because it was a long time ago but it was a wonderful deal.

• 1 month later...

The last time I left from Mobile it was a mess with the fog. I had a hotel back then with parking at the Hampton. But hey were making the port parking bigger then Carnival pulled out. I'm leaving in Jan. and some thing must be going on in town and hotels are sold out or cost way to much. I'm parking about 20 mins. away and will park at the port this time

We loved going out of Mobile. I don't remember which hotel we stayed at but it was downtown Mobile loved the area. Many places to eat around the square in walking distance. They offered free shuttle and parking during the cruise and it was only a few blocks to the pier. Hope to cruise out of mobile again in the future. Fantasy is a great ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mobile was our favorite cruise port because we would stay at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza hotel. It was beautiful. With their park and cruise deal you got a room for one night, could park there for the duration of the cruise and be shuttled to and from the cruise port for a very reasonable price. I don't remember what that was because it was a long time ago but it was a wonderful deal.

Yes, I agree. We used them a couple of times. We had a room with a water view and you could see the ship docked in the morning. It was a great deal. I hope they offer a park-n-cruise package again as it is likely I will cruise again from Mobile.

As for restaurants, we usually went to the Original Oyster House. It was packed on weekend nights, but fun.

We cruised out of Mobile 10 years ago. We stayed at the Ramada Admiral Semmes, which is now known as the Marriott Renaissance Battle House. Got a great park and cruise deal. Free shuttle to and from the port.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Renaissance riverview hotel - it is so close you could walk it if it were not for a very busy road. Our room overlooked the port. Our night stay included parking, it was very reasonable, and included shuttle to/from the terminal. I would definitely use it again..

Went out of mobile once in Jan. 2010. It was my first cruise and HORRIBLE. Fog did not allow our ship to get to the port until late in the afternoon. It was well after midnight before we were allowed to even get in to the port area and begin boarding the ship. I don't know if it was just the time of year or a bad weather day or what. Because we were leaving so late, we lost one of our port days. The next day was horribly rough seas and since my best friend was sick all of the day, that was pretty much a "lost" day as well. (NOTE: I do not blame carnival for the weather or rough seas, just commenting on my experience out of mobile) However, besides for losing a day from boarding and losing a port day, we had a great time. I'm glad I didn't let the first two, lost days of my trip ruin the rest of my cruising experience.

Edited by Princess_K

Some friends and I will be cruising out of Mobile this December. I'm trying to find those "plans" which were easy to find on various websites, including the cruise terminal site back when CCL was there before. I can't find anything now!

I would think some of those hotels that ran park and cruise specials before would have picked up on this by now since it is now a done deal and Carnival is actually booking the cruises out of Mobile.

A bit of advice for those planning to cruise from Mobile at the end of Jan. 2017. Mardi Gras in Mobile begins at the end of January. And all the downtown hotels jack their prices up by as much as 3 times the normal price; and they get booked up too. So, if you plan to cruise then, just be aware and try to lock your hotel down asap!

If I can find anything on the park 'n cruise pkgs, I'll be sure to post it here! :D

Parking:

http://www.shipmobile.com/

If you are there early in the day, should not have problem being able to park at the port.

Restaurant:

http://www.felixsfishcamp.com/

Hotels:

I saw on the news recently where they had a big travel industry thing getting ready for the cruise ship coming back in. Hotels should have package deals on their websites. Downtown Mobile is only one option for the night before. Daphne is just across the Mobile Bay and offers several lodging options.

Sailed out of Mobile twice on the past. The first time we stayed at the Holiday inn Express and they shuttled is over, the second we parked at the port. No problems either way! Port parking was convenient and was in a deck,all you had to do was take an elevator to get to the main entrance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is the type deal we have been looking for----they were available at quite a few hotels in Mobile when CCL was there before. We ended up in the Hilton across the bay at Daphne/Spanish Fort area who did this for us. Other port cities have hotels that do these same packages.

The package includes:

1 night at hotel the night before your cruise

Leave your vehicle in the hotel parking lot (some no charge; some charge a bit--but cheaper than port parking lot prices).

Hotel shuttles you to the cruise port.

Hotel shuttle picks you up at port after your cruise.

Takes you back to hotel to pick up your vehicle.

I found one Mobile hotel at a very good price for the night we need. Then, found they have a cruise deal where they will give you a $50 card toward your parking at the cruise terminal. The only problem is the cost of the hotel room, to get this deal, was raised by about $48! So you really are just paying for that "gift card".

I'll keep looking. We still have plenty of time to make a decision! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Several hotels are supposedly offering Park and Cruise Packages, but none of the hotels listed on the website below have any availability for our February 2017 cruise.

Looking forward to trying something new by cruising out of Alabama.

http://www.mobile.org/cruise/

Area hotels offer Park & Cruise packages, with free parking and complimentary shuttles to and from the Cruise Terminal:

Courtyard by Marriott

Quality Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott

TownePlace Suites by Marriott

Residence Inn by Marriott

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown Historic District

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile I-65

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Courtyard Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa

• 2 months later...
Several hotels are supposedly offering Park and Cruise Packages, but none of the hotels listed on the website below have any availability for our February 2017 cruise.

Looking forward to trying something new by cruising out of Alabama.

http://www.mobile.org/cruise/

Area hotels offer Park & Cruise packages, with free parking and complimentary shuttles to and from the Cruise Terminal:

Courtyard by Marriott

Quality Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott

TownePlace Suites by Marriott

Residence Inn by Marriott

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown Historic District

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile I-65

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Courtyard Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa

I'm late to the party here, but Mardi Gras Day 2017 is February 28th. Most of the hotels that offer the park and cruise package are the first to get booked up with Mardi Gras revelers. Try the Microtel in Saraland. There's also one in Tillman's Corner, but I can't remember which hotel it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked a November 2016 cruise from Mobile. Last cruise we did from this port was in 2011. Stayed at the Microtel is Saraland (about 10 miles from port) and used their shuttle. Was very convenient and efficient, and nice clean hotel. Also Wintzell's Oyster House within walking distance. It was a good experience. May still stay at the hotel this time, and park at port so that we don't have to return to hotel when cruise is over. Price for Park'n Cruise package is about the same as regular hotel rate plus cruise port parking fee.

• 2 weeks later...