Cannes Tender Tickets on Epic for Those Boarding in Rome

Another thread about tender tickets for Cannes had me wondering how it works when you board mid-cruise in Rome instead of day one in Barcelona. I've seen numerous comments that tender tickets can be reserved "as soon as you board the ship." I'm hoping there are some of you who've done the Western Med itinerary and embarked in Rome and can share your experience. Did they hold a percentage of the tickets for those boarding in Rome or were you stuck getting off the ship later than those who boarded in Barcelona and gobbled up all the tickets?

I have a car reserved in Cannes and was hoping to pick it up at 9:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter to head into the countryside, but now I'm worried it'll noon or later before I'll be on a tender heading ashore...

TIA

experience with NCL and tender ports is that you queue up for tender tickets on morning of port visit

the procedure is explained in the previous days freestyle daily but one person in the party joins the queue and is given numbered tickets for all in group

then as your number is announced after the tenders are available you join the line to get off the ship

I've never heard of being able to reserve times any earlier in the cruise

experience with NCL and tender ports is that you queue up for tender tickets on morning of port visit

the procedure is explained in the previous days freestyle daily but one person in the party joins the queue and is given numbered tickets for all in group

then as your number is announced after the tenders are available you join the line to get off the ship

Oh, I hope you're right! I've been trying to learn more and everything I'm reading here on CC is people saying to go to the Box Office or Guest Services or your TV or one of the kiosks and reserve your tender as soon as you board the ship!

I'm previous years tender tickets have been available in advance, and I'm pretty sure they were therefore equally available to Barcelona and Rome boarders.

However, I have heard these comments recently about people booking as soon as they boarded, so maybe things have changed.

I'm previous years tender tickets have been available in advance, and I'm pretty sure they were therefore equally available to Barcelona and Rome boarders.

However, I have heard these comments recently about people booking as soon as they boarded, so maybe things have changed.

Logically, you'd think they would hold back the same percentage of tickets as the percentage of passengers embarking in Rome. But, as we have all observed, NCL doesn't always use logic as criteria for decision-making. LOL.

in the other thread you mentioned you are gold and therefore priority tender

unless things have changed recently that means there will be an envelope in your cabin with your vouchers

one of those is a printed priority tender ticket which means you can join the queue at any time as you just show it to the crew person monitoring the line

mind you that line can snake back quite a way!

in the other thread you mentioned you are gold and therefore priority tender

unless things have changed recently that means there will be an envelope in your cabin with your vouchers

one of those is a printed priority tender ticket which means you can join the queue at any time as you just show it to the crew person monitoring the line

mind you that line can snake back quite a way!

That's good to know! My status changed to gold after my last cruise (in June) so I wasn't aware that's how it works. That helps a lot. I don't mind getting up early to get in line and off the ship!

thanks!

It definitely didn't work like this on The Epic for the Cannes tender when I was on in June.

How did it work??? And did you board the cruise in Barcelona or Rome?

I boarded in Barcelona and you had to go and book a tender... there were reminders all week. I didn't bother as I wasn't in any rush. I made friends with someone who embarked in Rome, so I'll see if I can find out any information for you. I suspect you'll be fine though if you want to get off early. If I remember correctly from reading your posts, you're a solo traveler, so I think that'll make it easier too.

I boarded in Barcelona and you had to go and book a tender... there were reminders all week. I didn't bother as I wasn't in any rush. I made friends with someone who embarked in Rome, so I'll see if I can find out any information for you. I suspect you'll be fine though if you want to get off early. If I remember correctly from reading your posts, you're a solo traveler, so I think that'll make it easier too.

That's great! Thanks so much. I'm such a planner I can't imagine people not taking care of it right away. LOL. I you could ask your friend I would very much appreciate it. Yes, I'm a solo traveler and am planning to have a solo day that day, so as you said, hopefully that'll make it easier. :)

Although it was two years ago for us, things may have changed but we had no problem getting early tender tickets. We were with a group from our roll call that had set up a tour with a local tour guide.

We all met got our tender tickets and we were off.

Like you I am a planner and was worried about being late. The tender process really moved quickly and we had time to spare.

That's great! Thanks so much. I'm such a planner I can't imagine people not taking care of it right away. LOL. I you could ask your friend I would very much appreciate it. Yes, I'm a solo traveler and am planning to have a solo day that day, so as you said, hopefully that'll make it easier. :)

Unfortunately I can't be much help as it turns out my friend booked an NCL excursion for Cannes for the very reason that she was concerned about the tender situation. I hope someone else comes along and puts your mind at ease, but I really do think if you want an early tender you will likely be fine. Also as has been suggested above, you may find your have priority for tenders through your gold status.

I've dug out the Freestyle Daily and here is the info on how to book:

Book your space on the Tender Boats now via the Entertainment Section on your interactive TV and our touchscreens situated around the ship. More information on tendering can be obtained at the Box Office during opening hours.

Epic doesn't do tickets. There is no lining up to get an assigned number. You have to reserve them on your tv in your room, these automatically appear on your cruise card which is second as your ticket. If your latitudes that gets priority you just advise guest relations the time you want and they add it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Epic doesn't do tickets. There is no lining up to get an assigned number. You have to reserve them on your tv in your room, these automatically appear on your cruise card which is second as your ticket. If your latitudes that gets priority you just advise guest relations the time you want and they add it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So it may not matter that I'm boarding mid-cruise then. Thanks for the info! I'm now Gold as of my last cruise, so that should make it easier then. Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't be much help as it turns out my friend booked an NCL excursion for Cannes for the very reason that she was concerned about the tender situation. I hope someone else comes along and puts your mind at ease, but I really do think if you want an early tender you will likely be fine. Also as has been suggested above, you may find your have priority for tenders through your gold status.

I've dug out the Freestyle Daily and here is the info on how to book:

Book your space on the Tender Boats now via the Entertainment Section on your interactive TV and our touchscreens situated around the ship. More information on tendering can be obtained at the Box Office during opening hours.

Thanks for checking and for typing out what it said in the Dailies. Not even getting a better tender would prompt me to book an NCL excursion! I'm very independent and I hate being herded. LOL. Thanks for your help! From what Tigger said, it looks like I may be fine. :D

Although it was two years ago for us, things may have changed but we had no problem getting early tender tickets. We were with a group from our roll call that had set up a tour with a local tour guide.

We all met got our tender tickets and we were off.

Like you I am a planner and was worried about being late. The tender process really moved quickly and we had time to spare.

I'll remember your words about it moving quickly while I'm waiting. They'll help me not get too stressed! Thanks!