Norwegian Airlines

galelynn

Has anyone flown on Norwegian Air their 787 planes. Please post the good the bad and the ugly. We are booked from Copenhagen to Los Angeles for the middle of May, on a straight thru flight. Thanks

Not sure what you mean by a "straight thru" flight. Won't you have to change planes in Oslo? :confused:

galelynn, wow i sure hope this non stop from cop to lax continues !

please come back to this thread and let us know how you liked it

as we need to fly next year - the prices for 1 way are ridiculous

on united and american - icelandair does not fly into lax yet

so really want to try norwegian !!!

Just take Iceland Air to Denver and then book a cheap Denver to LAX flight separately.

There is a lot of competition on that route with United, Southwest and Frontier all having a hub there. You should easily be able to find a ticket for $100 per person if you book far enough in advance.

Just take Iceland Air to Denver and then book a cheap Denver to LAX flight separately.

There is a lot of competition on that route with United, Southwest and Frontier all having a hub there. You should easily be able to find a ticket for $100 per person if you book far enough in advance.

yes have seen the various places icelandair lands incl boston -

depending if any of my cousins in boston and denver also meet

us in cop for a heritage trip to sweden, we could use those stops

however, it does stop & change in iceland which means no matter

what we do it involves 3 separate flights which is why i would love

the non stop cop to lax on norwegian

have a wonderful trip on land and sea this year in europe !!!:)

One issue of having two separate tickets is that if you arrive late in Denver, no airline has the obligation to get you home - Icelandair got you where you asked them to, and the DEN-LAX has no idea that you're coming in from elsewhere and views you as a no show. A last minute walk up fare from DEN-LAX would likely be your only way to get home at that point.

was reading article that last wednesday u s did not grant the license yet

for the dreamliner & that other carriers might have to do the flights to

u s so please let us know how this affects any of you:eek:

Just to be accurate, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Dreamliner. The 787 is fully approved by FAA and international aviation authorities.

The issue is labor unions in Norway and the US are trying to stop FAA approval for Norwegian to *expand* their US routes, including Orlando. They already fly to several US cities. Norwegian is doing business as an Irish corporation, where labor regulations are not as stringent as Norway's.

Non-approval would violate a US/Norway "open skies" agreement. It will be interesting to see how FAA rules. Again, the 787 has nothing to do with it (the same issue would be raised if they were flying a Cessna). And it has no bearing on existing routes to the US such as LAX.

Edited by kenish

Just to be accurate, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Dreamliner. The 787 is fully approved by FAA and international aviation authorities.

The issue is labor unions in Norway and the US are trying to stop FAA approval for Norwegian to *expand* their US routes, including Orlando. They already fly to several US cities. Norwegian is doing business as an Irish corporation, where labor regulations are not as stringent as Norway's.

Non-approval would violate a US/Norway "open skies" agreement. It will be interesting to see how FAA rules. Again, the 787 has nothing to do with it (the same issue would be raised if they were flying a Cessna). And it has no bearing on existing routes to the US such as LAX.

thank you for clearing this up - i misunderstood the article ! :eek:

so do you think we can plan on using the non stop route next year ??

Norwegian is scheduled to start flying into LAX direct from CPH on April 1. They have two flights per week. We are reserved to fly on May 24, will let you know how it goes. The prices are definitely good.

Norwegian is scheduled to start flying into LAX direct from CPH on April 1. They have two flights per week. We are reserved to fly on May 24, will let you know how it goes. The prices are definitely good.

will be looking forward to hearing all about your trip and your flight !!

which plan did u choose & what did it include ?

do u travel light ?? that is our problem, we do not !!:eek:

We chose the premium for the reason it included more room, direct into LAX , one free bag (did pay for a second for one) , meals, beverages and hopefully more relaxing. I did consider the lower fare but did not want to pay for every breath. We are coming off a 26 day cruise with the last 11 being port intensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We chose the premium for the reason it included more room, direct into LAX , one free bag (did pay for a second for one) , meals, beverages and hopefully more relaxing. I did consider the lower fare but did not want to pay for every breath. We are coming off a 26 day cruise with the last 11 being port intensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

even paying premium it is probably lots cheaper than the other

airlines lowest fare - jim would want that for more room - he is

tall & we are both large ;)

how much was the 2nd bag ? we always have 3 or 4 to check in

on return even if we start with 2 or 3 cuz we buy stuff, often

requiring us to buy another suitcase :eek:

we figure that is just part of the whole travel experience

altho each time i promise NOT to do it again !! :D

which cruise are u taking ??

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

You can make a dummy booking on Norwegian dot com so see pricing and seat availability. When I booked, sometime in January the charge for a 2nd bag was $35. I think it was increased since then. Plus you are allowed a max of 2 checked bags per passenger.

We are doing the TA from Ft Lauderdale to Copenhagen on the Royal and then continuing on to Russia and back to Copenhagen. Leaving April 27th.

You can make a dummy booking on Norwegian dot com so see pricing and seat availability. When I booked, sometime in January the charge for a 2nd bag was $35. I think it was increased since then. Plus you are allowed a max of 2 checked bags per passenger.

We are doing the TA from Ft Lauderdale to Copenhagen on the Royal and then continuing on to Russia and back to Copenhagen. Leaving April 27th.

2 checked bags each is great - even i can manage that !!:D

we were going to take that same cruise this year but decided to give

ourselves another year to recuperate from last year's trip to brit isles

so are sailing on regal 15 april 15 instead but not doing the baltics

since we want to spend the extra time 10 - 12 days in copenhagen &

sweden for my heritage :)

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

One issue of having two separate tickets is that if you arrive late in Denver, no airline has the obligation to get you home - Icelandair got you where you asked them to, and the DEN-LAX has no idea that you're coming in from elsewhere and views you as a no show. A last minute walk up fare from DEN-LAX would likely be your only way to get home at that point.

Yep. Unless those tickets are in the same carrier but ticketed separately, you're probably pretty well hosed.

My original post was in response to the fact that the one way fares from Europe to the US are ridiculous. I agree, paying over $3000 for a one way is ridiculous.

A one way fare on Iceland air goes for roughly $500-700. A last minute full fare, one way ticket on southwest tops out at $350. That is still much cheaper, even in a worst case scenario.

I will concede that checking bags makes this way of travel a whole lot more difficult but if you can travel with just a carry-on it can save a few bucks.