Summer 2015 Ferry Schedule, Effective April 27

njhorseman

It freezes my computer each time. Would love a copy to take with me.

Bevvie -- my computer sometimes has problems with large PDF files, too. :(Do you have somebody (maybe with a better computer) that you could send the link to, and have them print you a copy?

It freezes my computer each time. Would love a copy to take with me.

Hi Bevvie24, I couldn't get my computer to load using IE but it loaded quickly (No Freeze) when I used Mozilla Firefox. Maybe this will help.

NJHorseman -- Thank you so much, for posting this year's ferry and bus schedules. I've passed the links along to the folks on my r/c, and we'll be printing the schedules out to take with us. As we found out last year, they come in very handy! :cool:

Thanks, njhorseman, for posting. I've been waiting for this information to work out my schedule. My only concern is for Monday, May 25. I'm scheduled to catch the 9:30 ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton to meet up with Collin Jennings in Hamilton. Will this ferry still run at that time on Bermuda Day? I will be fine on Tuesday with the ferry to & from St George. Thanks.

Thanks, njhorseman, for posting. I've been waiting for this information to work out my schedule. My only concern is for Monday, May 25. I'm scheduled to catch the 9:30 ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton to meet up with Collin Jennings in Hamilton. Will this ferry still run at that time on Bermuda Day? I will be fine on Tuesday with the ferry to & from St George. Thanks.

On Bermuda Day ferries and buses will run on the Sunday schedule. As you can see on the Sunday ferry schedule, there is a 9:30 Blue Route ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton, so you should be OK. Given the more limited schedule expect the ferry to be crowded.

Ferry does not take money. You have to have your ticket before you get in line to board. You get the tickets where everyone buys their transportation passes. Usually, there are a couple of nice ladies inside the Customs building selling the passes and token and last year, there was a white building at the "T" of the two piers selling them. That building was blown over in the hurricane last year but I would assume it will be back there this year.

Ferry does not take money. You have to have your ticket before you get in line to board. You get the tickets where everyone buys their transportation passes. Usually, there are a couple of nice ladies inside the Customs building selling the passes and token and last year, there was a white building at the "T" of the two piers selling them. That building was blown over in the hurricane last year but I would assume it will be back there this year.

At least in theory they do take cash...exact change only...for the ferry...they eliminated the prohibition against using cash a couple of years ago.

That's why when you look at the ferry schedule you'll see adult cash fares of $5.00 for the green/blue/orange routes as opposed to $4.50 for a token, and $3.50 cash fare on the pink route as opposed to $2.75 for a token.

Although you can pay in cash on the ferries and buses few do. You need to carry a pocketful of change and it costs more than a token (or pass or ticket).

As I'm a mad man who saves old Bermuda bus and ferry schedules, I checked the 2011 ferry schedule and it says "please ensure you have a token or ticket before boarding" and no cash fares are listed, while my 2013 schedule (I didn't make it to Bermuda in 2012) says "Please ensure you have the correct fare before boarding", and a cash fare is listed. That means they started accepting cash in 2012 or 2013.

Edited by njhorseman

And, to the other part of Shaden1982's question: You shouldn't have any problem using US $$ at the transportation kiosks -- or anywhere else on the island. Have a great time in Bermuda! :cool:

Thank you!

At least in theory they do take cash...exact change only...for the ferry...they eliminated the prohibition against using cash a couple of years ago.

That's why when you look at the ferry schedule you'll see adult cash fares of $5.00 for the green/blue/orange routes as opposed to $4.50 for a token, and $3.50 cash fare on the pink route as opposed to $2.75 for a token.

Although you can pay in cash on the ferries and buses few do. You need to carry a pocketful of change and it costs more than a token (or pass or ticket).

As I'm a mad man who saves old Bermuda bus and ferry schedules, I checked the 2011 ferry schedule and it says "please ensure you have a token or ticket before boarding" and no cash fares are listed, while my 2013 schedule (I didn't make it to Bermuda in 2012) says "Please ensure you have the correct fare before boarding", and a cash fare is listed. That means they started accepting cash in 2012 or 2013.

So, am I to assume that they will take $5.00 or $10.00 for 2 on the ferry?

I know I should never assume.....as we all know what happens then.....