Completely Disappointed after two weeks on Allure

LEOwife

Service, yes. But cleanliness is a basic expectation and all cabins should meet the same standards.

My feelings exactly!

I have really been enjoying this banter, having a chuckle at all the comments.

The one about McDonalds confuses and amuses. Yes better "service" at a fancy restaurant, but cleanliness is what we are discussing, and I have seen many a McDonalds cleaner than a lot of restaurants including some fancy ones.

I am still amazed that someone with a young family can afford a $12,000 cabin, but of course yes you deserve a clean room, and tip top service.

The supervisor was obviously trying to cover their own short-comings by blaming the new person tsk tsk!

Hope you make a complaint and maybe post the feedback for all of us

On a TA our steward had a number of suites - we were close by but not in a suite. He was excellent and we often visited. He told us he was considered a senior steward. Had been on ships for many years and that suite, higher deck stewards were assigned and new people were on lower decks. Not sure if this was true, but he had no reason to lie.

And the person being grilled by the OP may have been using the same "he's new" lie to deflect issues for years. Who knows?

I do have to ask why people always just things by their worst experience rather than their best? You say you the first week was wonderful, but the second was terrible, yet you have given the entire two weeks a negative grade. While good service should be expected as should a clean cabin, to paint such a broad brush isn't exactly a fair grade. If anything it sounds like a mediocre overall experience.

Those vent pictures just look like dust/dirt to me which you can find anywhere and as pp said, you're seeing one side of a filter which should be dirty as it pulls the air through. A ship's doctor isn't a trained mold expert either.

Edited by BND

We do thankfully, live in a first world country. That is such a trite phrase that people like to throw around, when they have nothing constructive to add.

I completely agree with you. It is such a meaningless trite phrase on a website that deals with multi-million dollar cruise ships and the people who can afford to sail on them. Everything we talk about around here, and complain about, is a first world issue.

I do have to ask why people always just things by their worst experience rather than their best? You say you the first week was wonderful, but the second was terrible, yet you have given the entire two weeks a negative grade. While good service should be expected as should a clean cabin, to paint such a broad brush isn't exactly a fair grade. If anything it sounds like a mediocre overall experience.

Those vent pictures just look like dust/dirt to me which you can find anywhere and as pp said, you're seeing one side of a filter which should be dirty as it pulls the air through. A ship's doctor isn't a trained mold expert either.

One fantastic week + one week with some issues = completely disappointed. I think that is what they call new math.;)

We do thankfully, live in a first world country. That is such a trite phrase that people like to throw around, when they have nothing constructive to add.

I don't know. I thought it was a good way to sum up my feelings toward the OPs complaints. How constructive could I possibly be? A list of complaints were posted. Usually people post complaints so others can console them and tell them "it's going to be OK, poor you.". Which is how most people replied. I don't share those feelings.

I fail to see how it was so 'horrible' that her room wasn't vacuumed and dusty. Sure, it should have done, but in no way would I consider it horrible. I definitely wouldn't have posted about it.

I find a lot of the story hard to accept anyway. However, I see no reason to challenge the OP, because I really don't care and nothing positive will come of it anyway.

I just think a lot of the reported events were absurd and it was enough to point out that some of us think as much. Sometimes people need to reevaluate and gain new perspective. Just doing my part.

Edited by docd

Even if it was mold, I wouldn't think the doctor would admit that. How could the doctor tell mold from dust by a photo that small.

Sounds fishy to me.

If the doctor is being asked to diagnose what is wrong with someone, why would he NOT let them know he could see mold and that it was best for the child not to be exposed to the same?

I suppose the thought pattern here is that the doctor, as an agent of the cruise line, should deny anything was wrong.

I would think just the opposite. If he KNEW there was mold in the stateroom and didn't let someone know, even the occupants of the stateroom- he would place the ship and the cruise line at even greater liability. Not to mention his/her own liability if the doctor has to carry separate malpractice insurance.

If the OP didn't know it was mold, and this was brought to the attention of the OP by medical staff- I would say the medical staff was definitely doing their job to bring this issue to their attention.

While it may not be in the "best interest" of the cruise line or even of the OP and family (because who really wants to feel they cannot enjoy a stateroom they paid for)- it is certainly the RIGHT thing to do.

I still don't know why people are insisting that it could not be mold and must just be dust or dirt. Either way, it was inhibiting the person's ability to correctly breathe and was making them sick. Whatever the reason, something should have been done about it.

I still don't think it's unreasonable to believe it could have been mold and/or that it could have been easily identified in a photograph.

There has been much speculation both ways on this thread, but did we get a final outcome from the OP?

Did the OP ever return to say what happened to her son when they visited their regular doctor at home? They said they were going there the first working day day home. From the way I read the first post it was their son that went to medical on the last day of their B2B (sick I could assume as they didn't say why) and it was the DH and OP that have a dust allergy.

They also said they were going to contact RC and ask for the DR's notes on their son. I wonder if they got them? OP said "Honestly, after this week, I doubt we will cruise on Allure ever again and depending on how Royal Caribbean handles us asking for the doctors notes tomorrow so I can take my son to his normal pediatrician, we might not be back." I wonder about the DR notes as if we ever have to visit medical, should we be leaving it with copies of the DR's notes at that moment, espically if we might need them later?

Hopefully the DS is Ok, as they have been home a week.:confused:

So wouldn't you start a new attendant in the smaller cabins? If indeed the cabin was that dirty and if indeed, that's what the supervisor said, then I don't believe the supervisor because I've never seen a new cabin attendant move right up to suite attendant but that's just my experience.

Exactly. It doesn't happen. A brand new attendant is not given the suite section.

The best reply ever.

Sorry you had a bad week. Get on the phone and call guest relations-shore side. $12k for a week and that is what you got? Unacceptable.

Btw....don't let the RCI loyalists diminish your bad experience. It sounds as though you had reasonable expectations for the $12k you spent, and those expectations were not met. Point= a clean and healthy room.