Uber for FLL and port?

powellzk

I would avoid using Uber for airport and port rides at this time. The local newspaper has reported problems with the permit/licensing, and drivers are getting ticketed all the time at the airport. Uber would be a great way to get around town though.

The cab fare is about $15 between FLL and the port - why mess with trying to find your Uber driver when there are a line of taxis waiting? :confused: How much could you save to make that worth it?

I for one am happy to see any alternative to a taxi come to Fort Lauderdale.

Not about saving money here is why.....

I love fort Lauderdale and have been traveling down there the last fifteen years.I have had more problems with taxis lately and am sick of them.

Let me count they ways to take a tourist for a ride:rolleyes: Lets see, the longgggg way .....or get ticked off drive like a bat out of hell while swearing under your breath... because it is a short ride.

Talk on your phone in another language for the whole ride, loudly! Play religious broadcasts Loudly ! Lie about the machine being broken so I cannot use my credit card to pay .

Demand that I give you a bigger tip..... yep that happened. I offered to call the police officer over to mediate ,the taxi driver declined..lol

Where I come from the taxi drivers work for us, in fort Lauderdale they act like we should be honored they let us ride in the cab. They get away with this because they can cripple the city with a strike.

I admit on occasion I get a wonderful driver who actually speaks to me! It takes me a minute to realize he is talking to me,I am always so surprised!

I hope Uber takes off in Fort Lauderdale ,maybe the taxi drivers will clean their act up if they get some competition.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I for one am happy to see any alternative to a taxi come to Fort Lauderdale.

Not about saving money here is why.....

I love fort Lauderdale and have been traveling down there the last fifteen years.I have had more problems with taxis lately and am sick of them.

Let me count they ways to take a tourist for a ride:rolleyes: Lets see, the longgggg way .....or get ticked off drive like a bat out of hell while swearing under your breath... because it is a short ride.

Talk on your phone in another language for the whole ride, loudly! Play religious broadcasts Loudly ! Lie about the machine being broken so I cannot use my credit card to pay .

Demand that I give you a bigger tip..... yep that happened. I offered to call the police officer over to mediate ,the taxi driver declined..lol

Where I come from the taxi drivers work for us, in fort Lauderdale they act like we should be honored they let us ride in the cab. They get away with this because they can cripple the city with a strike.

I admit on occasion I get a wonderful driver who actually speaks to me! It takes me a minute to realize he is talking to me,I am always so surprised!

I hope Uber takes off in Fort Lauderdale ,maybe the taxi drivers will clean their act up if they get some competition.

Reader

Sounds like they go to taxi driver school here in Boston. Which is why Uber is doing so well here. Our cabs are modified police cars with next to zero legroom and most of the time the cabbies are on the phone with someone the entire time. When our cabbies complain about Uber drivers not being properly insured or safe I just have to laugh. Believe me, your safety is of no concern to our cabbies-just your money.

Sounds like they go to taxi driver school here in Boston. Which is why Uber is doing so well here. Our cabs are modified police cars with next to zero legroom and most of the time the cabbies are on the phone with someone the entire time. When our cabbies complain about Uber drivers not being properly insured or safe I just have to laugh. Believe me, your safety is of no concern to our cabbies-just your money.

Hi Mr. Boston

I am about a few hours away from you in a small town so our taxi drivers are not that bad but then again I rarely take a taxi at home.

I don't want a taxi driver to be my buddy just be honest and somewhat civil.I guess that is too much to ask for.. Glad Uber is doing so well ,hope it catches on everywhere.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598