wholesale

travlnblueberries

I'm not asking for names, just wondering, does anyone use any of those wholesale members only clubs?

We haven't, but some have, with varying opinions. Unlike using a TA, the chief complaint seems to be if there's a problem or question, who do you talk to at one of those wholesale clubs? Their people aren't travel agents, and it could very easily be a giant p.i.t.a. to have something resolved, even if you did get a "good deal". Best to stick with a known travel agency, or deal directly with the cruise line.

As stated, they are just a call center with no real expertise. If all goes well, you could save some money (not guaranteed). But if you need info, changes or there are problems, who is going to help you? Many cruise lines (NCL for sure) will not deal with you if you use a TA, you must go through them. Also, many charge for changes, cancellations etc.

Good luck, there are many that use them successfully.

I've used them for all but my first cruise, I'm now diamond. I would never book thru the cruise line again. The agents have always been very helpful and very knowledgeable. The one I use does charge you $25 for a price drop, but if your saving hundreds, what's the big deal. Yes it's a call center, but it's a call center in the Pacific Northwest, not Guatemala. The OBC has always been higher than that of the cruise line also.

Aft Cabins Rule

Edited by ATC cruiser

I've used them for all but my first cruise, I'm now diamond. I would never book thru the cruise line again. The agents have always been very helpful and very knowledgeable. The one I use does charge you $25 for a price drop, but if your saving hundreds, what's the big deal. Yes it's a call center, but it's a call center in the Pacific Northwest, not Guatemala. The OBC has always been higher than that of the cruise line also.

Aft Cabins Rule

This has been my experience also.

Have booked a cruise through a wholesale club . Had no problem getting the questions answered .However just as booking through most TA's you need to be fully aware that there will be charge if you make any changes the initial booking. Generally it's a $25.00 charge when applying a price drop and also any OBC will adjusted to reflect the price adjustment.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Aft Cabins Rule

I use them too. The OBC is great since the TAs are salaried - not commission. The company uses the commission to give back to their customers. Although it is a call center, i believe the people who work it are TAs. They are knowledgeable, have always answered every question, call the cruise lines directly, etc. As far as the cancellation fee or fee to lower your cost if there is a price drop, it is only $25. To save hundreds, don't mind paying the $25.

Note however, that every wholesale club works differently. Some don't offer OBC; some offer a gift card to their club. I wouldn't use that one.

Aft Cabins Rule

Agree with what you said.

However just as booking through most TA's you need to be fully aware that there will be charge if you make any changes the initial booking. Generally it's a $25.00 charge when applying a price drop and also any OBC will adjusted to reflect the price adjustment.

53 cruises using several different travel agents over the years and have never been charged for a change to the initial booking or to apply a price drop. Have, however, had OBC adjusted down to reflect a price drop since OBC is a sliding scale based on price paid.