Flamingo beach..

sweetshell637

What can you tell me? How much was it? How did you get there? How far from the port? Best way to book it? Thanks for any and all info!

We assume you are already aware this is a private island owned by the Renaissance Resort. While its primarily a place for their guest, they do sell Guest Day Passes for $99 per person which does include the boat ride, lun, etc. It takes less then 10 min to get to the island via the resort's boat. The last I heard, the Hotel does not accept reservations and you must contact them the day you arrive. You can simply walk over to the resort once you get off the ship..and inquire.

Hank

We assume you are already aware this is a private island owned by the Renaissance Resort. While its primarily a place for their guest, they do sell Guest Day Passes for $99 per person which does include the boat ride, lun, etc. It takes less then 10 min to get to the island via the resort's boat. The last I heard, the Hotel does not accept reservations and you must contact them the day you arrive. You can simply walk over to the resort once you get off the ship..and inquire.

Hank

thank you! i have also seen that you can book a room at the hotel for the night and its cheaper than $99 a person. Wonder if thats better :)

thank you! i have also seen that you can book a room at the hotel for the night and its cheaper than $99 a person. Wonder if thats better :)

The room rental is for a maximum of 4 people. They will only give you 4 passes to the island. The rates vary, depending on the season. I've read on other sites where people are showing up at 6:30 in the morning to try to get passes and are being turned away.

We've stayed at Renaissance several times. There are six Flamingos on the adult side. They are not native to Aruba, and have their wings clipped. Children are only allowed on that side between 10 -11 am. I've seen many families run off by security.

In my opinion, and this is just my own two cents, I don't think that the private island is all that special. It is nothing like Coco Cay or Labadee. I think that Eagle Beach and Palm Beach are better. If it wasn't included in our Renaissance stay, I wouldn't pay for it.

The room rental is for a maximum of 4 people. They will only give you 4 passes to the island. The rates vary, depending on the season. I've read on other sites where people are showing up at 6:30 in the morning to try to get passes and are being turned away.

We've stayed at Renaissance several times. There are six Flamingos on the adult side. They are not native to Aruba, and have their wings clipped. Children are only allowed on that side between 10 -11 am. I've seen many families run off by security.

In my opinion, and this is just my own two cents, I don't think that the private island is all that special. It is nothing like Coco Cay or Labadee. I think that Eagle Beach and Palm Beach are better. If it wasn't included in our Renaissance stay, I wouldn't pay for it.

great info! thank you!!

Has anyone actually booked a room at the Renaissance for just one night ? Will they let us check in early like around nine to go to flamingo Island ?

People do it all the time. They will store your stuff and give you your room cards, which you will scan when you get on the boat, to gain entry. They have towels available when you get to the island. No food or beverage is included if you rent a room.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to be clear ... we changed a booked itinerary to take an Aruba stop specifically for the flamingos. It appears as though Eagle Beach is in Aruba as well? Do you need a pass for this beach? How far is it from the port? The ship doesn't offer anything that specifically mentions the flamingos.

Palm Beach ... as in Florida? I'm not coming up w/ any other hits for that.

What about season? I know that the flamingo's aren't native to the island ... and I'm having trouble finding out information on migration. Do they stay year round, or do you know? We will be in Aruba in April 2018.

Sorry ... we're "bird" people ... we like to travel the Caribbean to see birds, especially parrots. TIA!

The flamingos are on a private island, owned by Renaissance Hotel. That is the one that you have to buy day passes to. The day passes are based upon availability, which is determined by the occupancy rate at their two hotels. They don't always have passes available. As stated above, these 6 flamingos are imported to Aruba. Since their wings are clipped, they are always there. Is your cruise going to Bonaire? You can see native flamingos there.

Eagle Beach and Palm Beach are two public beaches in Aruba. No day passes are needed.

• 4 months later...
How far is it from port to the Renaissance? Is it an easy walk or do we need to take a cab or bus?

Thanks in advance. :-)

It's an easy walk. Once you pass the fenced area of the cruise terminal, turn right and its down the street. If it's 10 minutes, it really doesn't feel like that long.

IMO, their adult beach is MUCH nicer than Eagle Beach.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a visit.....it was a fun day but I am not sure I would pay $99pp to visit. The flamingos were fun but the people watching was even more entertaining. People were trying to do full on photo shoot with the flamingos with outfit changes, etc. I started to feel bad for the flamingos. Some people were respectful of them and others weren't.

IMG_0005-L.jpg

We just got back from a visit.....it was a fun day but I am not sure I would pay $99pp to visit. The flamingos were fun but the people watching was even more entertaining. People were trying to do full on photo shoot with the flamingos with outfit changes, etc. I started to feel bad for the flamingos. Some people were respectful of them and others weren't.

IMG_0005-L.jpg

Kristinp36 how was your experience getting to the resort and getting a day pass?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Kristinp36 how was your experience getting to the resort and getting a day pass?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Getting to the resort is about a 8 min walk. We got lucky with the passes. My husband works in the travel industry and had a connection so ours were reserved. They were not selling any the day we were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk