Traveling with varied loyalty tiers

I apologize in advance if this is asked repeatedly, but I tried every form of search parameter I could think of and couldn't find an answer.

I am traveling on Oasis in September out of FLL with friends who are not at my loyalty tier (I'm Emerald). Will they be able to check in and wait in the Emerald area with us until boarding time? One of them has never cruised RCCL before.

Thanks! :)

I apologize in advance if this is asked repeatedly, but I tried every form of search parameter I could think of and couldn't find an answer.

I am traveling on Oasis in September out of FLL with friends who are not at my loyalty tier (I'm Emerald). Will they be able to check in and wait in the Emerald area with us until boarding time? One of them has never cruised RCCL before.

Depends on the port personnel. Worst case is the port people won't let your friends in the Emerald area, so you go sit with them. Maybe a 5 minute difference in boarding. Not a big deal.

They will not be able to check in on the Emerald line but you can still check in with them on the non crown & anchor line!

They will not be able to check in on the Emerald line but you can still check in with them on the non crown & anchor line!

This. In Galveston, they directed me and my son to the Gold C&A line. My parents and sister, who had never cruised before were directed to the non C&A line and all 3 of them finished BEFORE my son and I.

Also, I must have had perfect timing on my first 2 cruises because I've never had to sit down and wait before boarding. Both times, once I was handed my Seapass card, I was directed to board the ship. Both times we arrived at the terminal between 9:30 and 10:30am. By the time we dropped off luggage (and cars for the 2nd cruise) then went through security and check in, we were just told "Right this way" and pointed boarding area.

Hoping I can keep this streak of good luck going with my upcoming cruise! :D

Sept will be my first time checking in on RC with cabinmates who have varying levels as well. I figure we'll just check in together wherever.

That's the only benefit in Carnival's loyalty program where all cabin members benefit from another's higher tier....all pax, as long as your're in the same cabin, can check-in together in the platinum/diamond line as long as one of the pax is a platinum/diamond.

I enjoy finally getting to the port, checking in and the whole boarding process as I've waited anxiously for my cruise to arrive (as I'm sure many of you can relate). So, I like to stay with my party so we can all have fun in the excitement of finally boarding. I also like the perk of early boarding too! :p Given the choice though, I'd stay with my party.

Edited by rrraydon

Thanks everyone! We're boarding in Fort Lauderdale and last time it was smoothe and flawless, so I'll hope for the same again. We will stay with our friends. No worries if it leads to a slightly later boarding time. :)

I find it's easier to use Google to find answers here. Here's an example of how to do that:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Acruisecritic.com+%2Broyal+check+in+different+loyalty+levels

I've never had a problem. OTOH, there's not a real difference with being Emerald. If it's a problem, just stay with your friends.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree with "It depends on the port staff". My parents were allowed to board with us in platinum, even though they were gold. This was on Oasis in Fort Lauderdale. The waiting area for gold was very full, while platinum and emerald were pretty empty on that day.