Soft Serve Ice Cream on the Grandeur?

I don't remember this being there on our first cruise. Is there soft -serve ice cream on the Grandeur?

Yes, It's outside, near the entrance to the elevator area where you enter the Windjammer. It's on the port side. There used to be a machine on the starboard side too, but it's been removed since it hasn't worked for a long time. In fact, we watched them move it last year. Don't know if it's been repaired so there's two, but there is at least one machine that works.

I believe Grandeur still will store your carry on bags until staterooms open.

Yes, as of our Oct 31 cruise they were storing them in the South Pacific Lounge near the stage. When we went to the D lounge after lunch (around 12) there were only about 15 bags there so it wasn't utilized by a lot but for those that have to carry on, it's a better idea than dragging them around. I've also seen posts recently stating they're still doing it. We're back onboard in 16 days so I'll check and see if it's still offered.

I can't think of any other secrets that apply to everyone. For D and above they still have the D breakfast in the MDR on the port side every morning (except debarkation morning). The Viking Crown is a quiet place during the day and even at night, unless there's a DJ or an event, it's also a nice place to just sit and relax.

Yes, as of our Oct 31 cruise they were storing them in the South Pacific Lounge near the stage. When we went to the D lounge after lunch (around 12) there were only about 15 bags there so it wasn't utilized by a lot but for those that have to carry on, it's a better idea than dragging them around. I've also seen posts recently stating they're still doing it. We're back onboard in 16 days so I'll check and see if it's still offered....

It's the only Royal ship I've ever heard of that checks carry-on bags. Nice touch.

Self-serve ice cream is still available. There are two machines but they are not always both operational. We're on the Grandeur now and my husband loves ice cream. We were just up there getting some a short while ago.

Self-serve ice cream is still available. There are two machines but they are not always both operational. We're on the Grandeur now and my husband loves ice cream. We were just up there getting some a short while ago.

That's a must have everyday of cruising... I haven't had any ice cream yet this year as I am losing a few lbs to prepare for our cruise.. Lots of walking and daily visits to the fitness center to compensate for the ice cream and buffet visits..

That's a must have everyday of cruising... I haven't had any ice cream yet this year as I am losing a few lbs to prepare for our cruise.. Lots of walking and daily visits to the fitness center to compensate for the ice cream and buffet visits..

DH was diagnosed with type II diabetes a couple of years ago. It's completely under control, but he rarely eats ice cream. The one exception is on a cruise when he has one almost everyday. I usually only have 2-3 per cruise.

Yes! I found the ice cream machines on the Grandeur to have the best icecream out of a machine or any of the ships we've been on. Normally I don't even bother because it's icy and tasteless but that was not the case on the Grandeur. The ice cream there was creamy and tasty. Oh, and BTW their pistachio ice cream in the dining room is fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

While the Grandeur does have frozen yogurt machines; at least the cruise I was on in January they only ever had vanilla and chocolate in the one machine which was in use. The machine on the other side was never used. Both machines had the vanilla/chocolate labels attached in a permanent fashion (as opposed to the machines on Liberty of the Seas, for instance, which had removable flavor tags, and did change the flavor combinations each day).