Purchasing Premium Coffee Card Online

Marie50

I can hear people right now trying to tell them at the PSD "I had 13 punches left on my Medallion last cruise.....so where did they go.":mad::mad:

And I can see the Crew Member saying: "Carly Simon has clouds in her coffee. You have coffee in your clouds."

True, it shouldn't be too difficult. Unfortunately, Princess IT will be running it...

:'):'):')

I did read this whole thread, but I want to make sure I completely understand. I understand about having 15 punches for specialty coffees. My question is really related to coffee that is better than the dining rooms. Is it my understanding that I can get unlimited regular coffee with this card? In other words, I can get 2 regular cups of coffee per day PLUS up to 15 punches of specialty coffees? Thank you. This is our first time sailing princess and while I don't drink coffee at all, my husband drinks tons of it. and he likes the specialty ones too. :halo:

You may order as much regular brewed coffee as you like per day with a coffee card that was purchased during that cruise (ship name and date is usually entered on the back of the card). Unused punches may be used on following cruises, but regular coffee will cost you a punch on the "old" card.

You may order as much regular brewed coffee as you like per day with a coffee card that was purchased during that cruise (ship name and date is usually entered on the back of the card). Unused punches may be used on following cruises, but regular coffee will cost you a punch on the "old" card.

Thank you very much!

I assume that if they really care about this, they would simply preprint the ship and voyage information on the card prior to delivering it to the Elite Members cabin. But in the end, this is all likely to go away, as coffee card purchase data will no doubt be loaded on to your Medallion and you will tap a receiver at the point of sale to deduct a "punch" from your account each time you use it. "Punches" will soon be referred to as "Taps" and there will be nothing to sell on Ebay.

But my medallion will be at the bottom of the deep blue sea. I will NOT use a medallion and be tracked like a chip in a puppy.

But my medallion will be at the bottom of the deep blue sea. I will NOT use a medallion and be tracked like a chip in a puppy.

I'm sure that Princess will be happy to charge your specialty coffees and brewed coffees to your cabin one at a time. The Barista might roll his/her eyes at having to process the paperwork for those who refuse to tap out. But the chances of Princess continuing to pay for printed cards is slim. This is one of the cost savings that Carnival hopes to capture by spending hundreds of millions on the technological upgrades. For a time the old will run parallel to the new. But eventually the old has to go. The upgrades have to pay for themselves in cost savings and increased revenues.

I'm sure that Princess will be happy to charge your specialty coffees and brewed coffees to your cabin one at a time. The Barista might roll his/her eyes at having to process the paperwork for those who refuse to tap out. But the chances of Princess continuing to pay for printed cards is slim. This is one of the cost savings that Carnival hopes to capture by spending hundreds of millions on the technological upgrades. For a time the old will run parallel to the new. But eventually the old has to go. The upgrades have to pay for themselves in cost savings and increased revenues.

You're probably right. I plan to cruise more on smaller lines like Viking Ocean and Azamara after my next three booked Princess cruises. The mass market lines have lost the feel of what I like about cruising. That medallion makes me feel like I don't get respected as an individual and am merely a scan code. There are other choices in cruising and I will see what's available that suits my preferences. I have sailed once with Azamara and once with Viking and did like them.

You're probably right. I plan to cruise more on smaller lines like Viking Ocean and Azamara after my next three booked Princess cruises. The mass market lines have lost the feel of what I like about cruising. That medallion makes me feel like I don't get respected as an individual and am merely a scan code. There are other choices in cruising and I will see what's available that suits my preferences. I have sailed once with Azamara and once with Viking and did like them.

And a cruise card doesn't? :D

I have another question--if you buy the unlimited beverage package that includes cocktails, does it include the specialty coffee and/or the "better coffee"?

No, It does not. They are two different beverage packages.

One is the Coffee Card and One is the Soda and more package. Also, it does not include "bottle" water on either package, however one can buy a water package about $7.00 and you water is delivered to your cabin.

I have another question--if you buy the unlimited beverage package that includes cocktails, does it include the specialty coffee and/or the "better coffee"?
No, It does not. They are two different beverage packages.

One is the Coffee Card and One is the Soda and more package. Also, it does not include "bottle" water on either package, however one can buy a water package about $7.00 and you water is delivered to your cabin.

If you are referring to the AIBP at a cost of $57.45/day, that package includes all drinks that cost $10.00 or less and specialty coffee and/or "better coffee" and bottled water is included. If you are talking about the Unlimited Soda & More Package at a cost of $8.05/day, that package includes unlimited fountain soda drinks, non alcoholic "mocktails", juices throughout the day, and hot chocolate but not specialty coffee, "better coffee", or bottled water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The all inclusive beverage package includes ANY drink $10 and under, water/coffee/alcohol etc etc.

Keyword ANY.......

If you are referring to the AIBP at a cost of $57.45/day, that package includes all drinks that cost $10.00 or less and specialty coffee and/or "better coffee" and bottled water is included. If you are talking about the Unlimited Soda & More Package at a cost of $8.05/day, that package includes unlimited fountain soda drinks, non alcoholic "mocktails", juices throughout the day, and hot chocolate but not specialty coffee, "better coffee", or bottled water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The all inclusive beverage package includes ANY drink $10 and under, water/coffee/alcohol etc etc.

Keyword ANY.......

Thank you both of you--we do have the All Inclusive Beverage Package, (I just checked our reservations) so my husband will be very happy and you saved me money because I was ready to buy the coffee card on ebay for hubbypnts.;p