Navigator: what should we bring--clock, nightlight, etc.?

OctoberKat

We love to bring magnets with us when we travel, and they do come in handy! HOWEVER, our suite on the Mariner was newly refurbished and the walls were covered in a very thick and textured wallpaper. Unfortunately, the magnets we usually use did not stick to the walls. :(

Last few cruises we were on - Mariner, Princess and Oceania - engineering came in to our cabin and asked us NOT to use a surge strip because charging ipad, phone and camera were too much draw to the power onboard.

They were clearly incompetent. :cool:

A single laptop charger draws TWO times the power of the three chargers you mention, all used simultaneously.

Edited by computerworks

Last few cruises we were on - Mariner, Princess and Oceania - engineering came in to our cabin and asked us NOT to use a surge strip because charging ipad, phone and camera were too much draw to the power onboard.

Now I understand why the lights dimmed and the ship slowed down every time I plugged in my chargers!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Hah, you funny flossie.

I just thought of something else to bring: Trader Joe's canned coconut milk, for rum punches in the suite. Assume we can get room service to supply orange juice, pineapple juice and limes. We've requested light and dark rum for the in-suite bar setup.

Some valuable advice I got as a first time cruiser, on the Mariner, was to take along an electrical extension cord-standard North American 110v two flat prongs. Invaluable if you have a lot of devices that need re-charging such as ipods, ipads, iphones and cameras.

Was never a problem for us on the Mariner last year The extension cord was in plain sight and the steward never remarked on it.

I am on navigator now.in suite903.the clock in the cabin is useless.not an alarm clock and doesn't have any form of light to see the time in the dark.i would bring my own next time.We did use the phone for wake up call a couple of times. You just put in certain digits.it worked perfectly.

I will check with next door in master suite 901 if you like about anything you want to know.I have met them and they are on cruise critic too.

We always travel with a power strip and ONE converter plug. Which means we don't have to go around hunting for outlets that our Swiss plugs fit into. Also means we can charge a laptop and iPhone and iPad at the same time. (Though we turn off the phones when on board which saves a lot of battery life - phone keeps looking for a network!)

Aside from that: one laundry bag, cotton. We don't do laundry but it keeps things tidy and takes no space in a suitcase. And one small zip lock bag with "office" things in it - scotch tape, a few paper clips, a couple of rubber bands, a hi lighter (essential as noted previously!), plus a pencil and rubber (eraser to Americans!) for cross word puzzles. I know one can get all of the above on board, probably at reception, but having a small supply in the suite saves a lot of time and you wouldn't believe how often these things come in handy!

I am on navigator now.in suite903.the clock in the cabin is useless.not an alarm clock and doesn't have any form of light to see the time in the dark.i would bring my own next time.We did use the phone for wake up call a couple of times. You just put in certain digits.it worked perfectly.

I will check with next door in master suite 901 if you like about anything you want to know.I have met them and they are on cruise critic too.

Clock is on the list, thanks. Janecambridge, would love to know what neighbors think of their suite, thank you. Is there any item they wish they had packed? We are newbies and I am somewhat concerned since there has been comment about Regent cruises.

Cheers to you!

Clock is on the list, thanks. Janecambridge, would love to know what neighbors think of their suite, thank you. Is there any item they wish they had packed? We are newbies and I am somewhat concerned since there has been comment about Regent cruises.

Cheers to you!

Just spoke to the lady in 901. There is a very good alarm clock next to their phone,looks like battery.it has a torch thing attached and a night light too.

There are no ground night lights but small blue down lighters for night.

She said they unless you have any special needs,there is nothing that she can think of you will need.

Happy trip.