Thoughts on a 4 day Cruise?

cocacola86

I was just explaining why I would want to do a 4 night cruise and why we couldn't afford to do a longer cruise and cause CDN winters are brutal and it's kind of an escape and we couldn't do it in Dec/Jan where you might not go anywhere

Hi. We are in Ontario as well. The 4 day is a nice little break from winter if the price is right. Doing Adventure at the end of August but got an awesome price on majesty and cheap flights on Southwest and it was a no brainer to go for it. Love Key West so I pick Majesty.

If it is the only way you can cruise and you want to spend basically the same money for things like travel to and back from cruise, go for it.

Our first 3 cruises were drive to's from Atlanta to sail Sovereign of Seas. Those 3 day cruises Fri/Sat/Sun getting off on Mon hooked us. Then we went for a 7 day cruise.

I now Love 14/15 day cruises, but last year had to settle for a 5 day only cruise and my next cruise is a 4 day cruise. I takes what I can get to be on the water!

Have a great cruise and create lots of memories!!!

We've gone from 7,6,7 to 8 in 2016. We live an hour from Nfalls, this week the hotel rooms were going at the Hilton and other hotels for 400-600 a night, so you think a 4 night is around 900, a hotel was 400-600, meals in Niagara Falls is like 17 for a hamburger. How does that make sense

We've gone from 7,6,7 to 8 in 2016. We live an hour from Nfalls, this week the hotel rooms were going at the Hilton and other hotels for 400-600 a night, so you think a 4 night is around 900, a hotel was 400-600, meals in Niagara Falls is like 17 for a hamburger. How does that make sense

I would be booking a cruise about now.

My rule of thumb is that I want to spend a day cruising for every hour I'm on a plane. So for me to take a 3 day, as well as the price being right, it would need to depart from somewhere no more than a 90 minute flight away :)

I am doing a 3 day next year, but it's tagged on to another 13 days at sea!

My rule of thumb is that I want to spend a day cruising for every hour I'm on a plane. So for me to take a 3 day, as well as the price being right, it would need to depart from somewhere no more than a 90 minute flight away :)

I am doing a 3 day next year, but it's tagged on to another 13 days at sea!

I am with you on longer cruises!

We did a 4 nighter last winter on Brilliance. With an infant, it was a great gateway cruise for us to test the waters with him. We also have family in Tampa, which made it a good combo trip.

I think any amount of time on a ship is well worth it if you get a good price. Majesty is great for port intensive cruises (Nassau, Cococay, and Key West), and I personally prefer it to Brilliance, except the size of the rooms and leaving out of Miami.

What did you like about majesty and you didn't find it to small?

The room was very small, especially compared to Brilliance, which was a nice size, but I really enjoyed the Centrum, overall dining experience (both MDR and Windjammer), and Viking Crown Lounge.

I guess it's alright for a 4 day, did you find it to be a booze cruise?

Honestly, no, but I also think it depends on the luck of the draw. Of course, people are going to be partying, but definitely didn't notice it being over the top.

We're booked on RC Adventure of the Seas in Oct/2016. We live in Ontario and want to go away in April for a couple of days and want a relaxing cheap vacation, what's your thoughts about doing a short cruise

It will be cheaper to be on the ship than in most hotels. I say go and have a blast!

We did a 4 day on Liberty in April. We booked it about 30 days ahead of time. It was short, but 4 days on a cruise is better than no cruise at all.

We live in Ohio, so we had to fly down. It was still a pretty cheap getaway.

We're booked on RC Adventure of the Seas in Oct/2016. We live in Ontario and want to go away in April for a couple of days and want a relaxing cheap vacation, what's your thoughts about doing a short cruise

I prefer the shorter cruises and they work better for my schedule. But it has to be the right ship and itinerary.

I have done the Liberty countless times out of ft lauderdale. 2 sea days and a stop in cozumel . LOVE IT.

The liberty has now been replaced by the independance doing the same sched. And honestly... IF you go nov or december ( minus the holidays) or even october as you have stated. the deals are usually very very good

If you can swing it, try it.

We've flown from Detroit for a 3 night weekend cruise, have done 4 and 5 nights from Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port Canveral.

We will keep doing them.

Since you are getting both "not long enough" and "are a great time"- the only way you will be able to know is to do it, once.

Usually the shorter cruises are on the old ships. Not to say they aren't nice, but they do not have as much to do. I am not loyal to any one cruise line. Did a 5 day on Vision of the seas last year and had the best food and service of any cruise in a long time. Been on Oasis twice and loved it. Been on Carnival Paradise 4 day and had a nice trip. Did 7 days on Carnival Dream and had terrible dining experience.

With that being said ,if 3 or 4 days is all you can do then make the most of it and you will have fun.

Usually the shorter cruises are on the old ships. Not to say they aren't nice, but they do not have as much to do. I am not loyal to any one cruise line. Did a 5 day on Vision of the seas last year and had the best food and service of any cruise in a long time. Been on Oasis twice and loved it. Been on Carnival Paradise 4 day and had a nice trip. Did 7 days on Carnival Dream and had terrible dining experience.

With that being said ,if 3 or 4 days is all you can do then make the most of it and you will have fun.

This is not exactly a true statement.

The navigator, the liberty, the independence all do 4 or 5 night sailing.

The ships that do the bahamas, however FROM ALMOST ALL CRUISE LINES. is an older ship.

If you can swing it, try it.

We've flown from Detroit for a 3 night weekend cruise, have done 4 and 5 nights from Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port Canveral.

We will keep doing them.

Since you are getting both "not long enough" and "are a great time"- the only way you will be able to know is to do it, once.

Our first cruise was a 3 night. While it might not have sold us on the cruising lifestyle, it didn't scare us away.

FWIW, 12 of 48 cruises (25%) have been on 3-4 day voyages. Most of them since travel stopped being an issue

At the start of my post I stated usually, not always! Do the big ships in Florida do 3 and 4 day cruises year round? Not Usually, but at certain times of the year they may do a couple of months of short cruises.