Thoughts on a 4 day Cruise?

cocacola86

We're booked on RC Adventure of the Seas in Oct/2016. We live in Ontario and want to go away in April for a couple of days and want a relaxing cheap vacation, what's your thoughts about doing a short cruise

As someone still working, but living in FL, 4 days are not desired because they eat up to much vacation time. Once officially retired they are fine if the price is right. They are often less than the 3 day versions.

Do you winter in FL now

Edited by John&LaLa

4 days would not be enough for us, although we are doing a 5 day out of Vancouver next May. Being from Canada the airfare will not be as bad as flying down to Florida or San Juan. We have come to realize that if we are paying the airfare to go down to the states we are going to do B2B's from now on if we can afford it. It feels good to now that you are staying an extra week on the ship when come back into port.

We are doing a B2B in Feb/Mar of 2016 out of San Juan on the Adventure as well. We cannot wait. The islands the are visited are fantastic. It is very port intensive only one day at sea each week. That is ok though will not be planning anything to exhausting, hang out at the beaches and walking around the ports.

For us, the packing/unpacking/travel to cruise time ratio is not good for anything less than a 7 nighter. Not enough time to unwind before you have to throw everything back in your suitcases and go home.

We're leaving for a 4-nighter in just over 2 months. Can't wait!

Not sure how your vacation time would pan out...our sailing is Monday-Friday. It is Fall Break...we really couldn't do a longer cruise at this time of year. Because of the timing...we are going to treat home like a port and do something special on the weekend prior.

Our homebound travel day is also being treated like a port. We have a day use room reserved at a nice airport hotel and will relax until our late evening flight.

We're just treating the cruise as a part of a larger thought for vacation.

I think you could do this same thing depending on when you were sailing.

HOWEVER...I'm not sure that this same plan would work as well in April. You'll be dealing with Spring Break season and that could be ANYTHING but relaxing...and that was what you said you wanted.

If relaxing was what I wanted the most...I'd be doing more research to find a more relaxing vacation than a short cruise in April.

We're booked on RC Adventure of the Seas in Oct/2016. We live in Ontario and want to go away in April for a couple of days and want a relaxing cheap vacation, what's your thoughts about doing a short cruise

I don't mind 4 night cruises, but I only do them when they are Thursday to Monday itineraries. It lets me use less vacation time than the Monday to Friday ones.

I have not been on Adventure, so I can't give any opinion on the ship. What's the alternative you're looking at with Carnival?