4 People in a Balcony on Spirit?

SarafinaPink

My family is looking at European cruises for Spring 2018 and we really like the 2 of the options on the Norwegian Spirit (the 10 day and 11 day). We are a family of four and the website is not showing any balcony rooms available for 4 guests. Do they just not exist on Spirit or are they booked up? I'm not sure how far in advance Mediterranean cruises book up (only done Caribbean at this point) so I can't tell if we are just too late.

If we can't all get on a balcony together, we are considering 2 Oceanview rooms, but that would be more expensive since we couldn't take advantage of the 3rd and 4th sailing free promotion.

Any thoughts on booking this for 4 people?

We are a family of 4 currently booked on the Spirit for the July 11-night Adriatic sailing out of Rome in 2018. We sailed on her in 2013 from Venice as well. We have 4 booked into an interior room just as we did last time and while a tight fit (and likely more so now that our girls are teenagers!) we were comfortable and honestly, we were not in the cabin that often as the Med cruises are so port-intensive and there was so much to do on the ship. I am assuming that the balcony cabins maybe can't accommodate the trundle bed OR they don't have the pullman bed that drops down from the wall. It might be one or the other which would limit you to 3 people.

Sadly for our cruise date (July 8) there is no 3rd and 4th person sail free option as that is a great deal.

My family was on the Spirit Grand Med. cruise in 2014 with 2 adjoining balcony cabins. My husband & I in one & 3 teens in the other. The bed was split into 2 singles & the chair/loveseat folded out into a single bed. At least I think it was a single bed as I can't imagine 2 people trying to share it! The room was very crowded with teens & clothes, etc. I felt bad for the room steward!

...Any thoughts on booking this for 4 people?

Booking 4 in a cruise cabin is always tight.

No mention of kids ages. How about previous cruise experience. I say this as some people are surprised at the room size. Others are just fine with it.

OP, none of the Spirit's Balcony stateroom categories can accommodate 4, max is 3 person (3rd. one in a convertible, pullout (single) sofa bed (and, thinly padded).

If you think you can fit 4 into these rooms, consider a Family Oceanview or Large Pictureview Oceanview, those will fit 4.

2 of us did that ship couple months ago, had OV, & had 3 persons in the cabin NEXT to ours.

We could hear them argue...... the whole trip!

And the man in the overhead bunk, obviously kept rolling in the wall. We heard him bang into the wall..... often.

I can't imagine 4 sharing..... I wouldn't recommend it.:o

That's going to depend on the temprement of your people. I know with my two teenagers this would make for one hellacious week but perhaps if you have the perky, chipper, up for anything variety of kid it would make all the difference in the world.

It is a port intensive cruise which means up and out everyday. But then that could go both ways with your people as well. If you have people who have the desire to take it more relaxed, maybe not be so port intense and mix that with 2 parents who do want to be port intense, who do want to get up and out early, that would be a disaster and my reality.

We have had 3in a Balcony cabin on The Spirit and even that was tight. Once the 3rd Bed was out there was virtually no floor space left. If a suites out of the question I would recommend an outside with 2 over head bunks . That would still be a squeeze but you would maintain some floor space.