Mock Booking

If doing a "mock booking" and hit "change my stateroom" will I see all the cabins available for that category? Trying to figure out how many cabins are left on a specific ship as we are getting close to final payment day. Thanks.

I think only 15 show. If that's true, then if there's less than 15, that's what's left. If there's more than 15, no way to tell how many of a cabin type are left.

I do tend to think that's true. When I was booking the Serenade last year, I wanted cabin 1100. Only 15 JS's showed available and it wasn't on the list, but when I searched by stateroom number, it popped up as available.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Edited by shutterbug63

I think only 15 show. If that's true, then if there's less than 15, that's what's left. If there's more than 15, no way to tell how many of a cabin type are left.

I do tend to think that's true. When I was booking the Serenade last year, I wanted cabin 1100. Only 15 JS's showed available and it wasn't on the list, but when I searched by stateroom number, it popped up as available.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Nope. You're spot on.

shutterbug63 is correct. Only a subset of the available cabins will be listed, but you can enter the cabin number you want to find out about and it'll tell you whether that cabin is available in the category you selected.

It surprised me, but once I was booking a cruise, and the cabin that I wanted did NOT show up in the search - putting in the specific number.

But the agent on the phone said that it WAS available, and I then booked it.

So if you really really really care about a certain cabin, CALL.

It surprised me, but once I was booking a cruise, and the cabin that I wanted did NOT show up in the search - putting in the specific number.

But the agent on the phone said that it WAS available, and I then booked it.

So if you really really really care about a certain cabin, CALL.

Same here. My travel agent emailed me some cabin availabilities, but she had nothing on hold. I even typed in the cabin numbers and they showed unavailable, but she was able to put a hold on it a few hours later when I contacted her. RC's booking site leaves A LOT to be desired, it's really bad. When I was booking with NCL last year, and then watching to see what was open closer to cruising time, it would highlight each cabin that was open on the deck plan.

Some of the larger travel agencies have web sites that show you all available cabins. I am not allowed to name the one I use. Once you put in a category and a deck number, it will show you

what's available. Try some of the larger companies that sell lots of cruises.

Same here. My travel agent emailed me some cabin availabilities, but she had nothing on hold. I even typed in the cabin numbers and they showed unavailable, but she was able to put a hold on it a few hours later when I contacted her. RC's booking site leaves A LOT to be desired, it's really bad. When I was booking with NCL last year, and then watching to see what was open closer to cruising time, it would highlight each cabin that was open on the deck plan.

The website isn't bad - on this issue. ;) It is quite a deliberate choice. No cruise line is going to show ALL of the cabins that are available. It does not want you or its competitors to know how a cruise is selling. That would be a bad business practice.

Some of the larger travel agencies have web sites that show you all available cabins. I am not allowed to name the one I use. Once you put in a category and a deck number, it will show you

what's available. Try some of the larger companies that sell lots of cruises.

None of those websites will show you ALL available cabins. They may show more than RC's site shows, but not ALL. See above. :)