Debarkation & Flight

JLBellaCC

The reason these flights are cheaper is that no one can make it from a cruise. You have to wait for the ship to be cleared, then you have to go through customs and immigration. Even if you self-disembark by taking your own bags, you will not make a flight this early.

True, the FLL airport is close to the ship, but you will still have to go through TSA at the airport and this is very chancy as it can be slow.

Any money you save will be made up by having to change flights and possibly even a hotel as you might not get out same day after missing your flight.

The short answer is : Nope, no way!

I do agree- but grrrrrr, that flight price is soooo attractive! Onward and upward to the flights that will work! I thought I talked to someone on the last RCI cruise I was on that caught an early flight such as this.....but I might have had my "sangria" ears on...hahaha....

Thank you!

Nope. Those flights are best for people who get off the cruise, stay a night in Ft Lauderdale and then depart the next morning.

Or for folks on Oasis/Allure, which typically start self-disembarkation very shortly after 6am or so. If you were self disembarking from one of those 2 ships, AND didn't have to check bags at the airport, AND had priority or PreCheck clearance for TSA at FLL, you might have a chance at an 8am flight (keeping in mind of course, that the boarding door for an 8am flight will likely close around 7:50)