Size of wine bottle, 750ml is it?

reerun25

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to bring on a bottle of wine bigger than the 750ml, like the 1.5 liter size. Not smuggle it, but just bring that size instead of the 750ml and if you were allowed to bring it on.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to bring on a bottle of wine bigger than the 750ml, like the 1.5 liter size. Not smuggle it, but just bring that size instead of the 750ml and if you were allowed to bring it on.

I don't know from experience, but if there are 2 of you, it would be like 2 750 liter so should be OK.

You can try to but don't be surprised if port security confiscates the bottles, which if handled politely will be returned to you in the naughty room at disembarkation.

It really depends on the port authorities interpretation of Carnival's regulations. Some PA security personnel will allow 2 people to combine their 750 ml single bottle allotments into 1 1.5 L magnum, but it is doubtful unless you have 4 people in 1 cabin all over 21 that they will allow 2 magnums at boarding. The same hold true for the reverse when people wish to carry-on splits instead of the regular sized bottle.

I have personally witnessed a 2 L boxed wine being removed from a boarding family's (2 definitively above 21 & another young looking adult that could of been just turned 21 plus 2 younger kids) carry-on and discarded to the trash because of how belligerent the "father" of the family was getting. This happened in Manhattan spring of 2013. Not complete aware of the full story but it may of had something to do with being booked to 2 cabins since the Splendor does not have cabins for 5.

Had my 1.5L bottle taken in Miami last November by Celebrity. At that time, their website did not specify size but the port authority people didn't care. They were kinda rude. I wouldn't risk it. It upsets everybody and could start your vacation off on a tense note.

You can try to bring two but they may take one. It really depends on the port and the agent who checks you. I've gone through some where they never even took the bottles out of our carry on bag to look at them. Could have been whiskey for all they knew.....didn't seem to care.

Depends on what port and who is working that day. Out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Jax, I wouldn't even try it. I have seen many peoples bottles of wine confiscated for being too big or too many, such as 4 small bottles.

I've taken 3 of the 500 ml boxes of wine for our B2B. That's the equivalent of 2 750 bottles. I've never been questioned. Since I fly, I do not want to take glass bottles in my luggage.

On our Pride Christmas cruise I had 2- 1.5L bottles of wine in my carry-on bag. It went through the scanner and nothing was said to me.

You may try whatever size you like but your proposal is not within the rules so if you are not allowed be prepared to dump or return to your car.

I guess my question is why even bother when you know the rule?

Rules are always broken. It comes down to whether or not someone wants to risk it?? :)

I've taken 3 of the 500 ml boxes of wine for our B2B. That's the equivalent of 2 750 bottles. I've never been questioned. Since I fly, I do not want to take glass bottles in my luggage.

Miami allow 4 small plastic bottles of wine equaling 750ml

I didn't wsnt to bring glass in my suitcase.

Must be something new, or else the person working did not care, because the last 2 times out of Miami I seen people having theirs confiscated.

I just love how the rules are sooooooo consistent! :rolleyes:

Must be something new, or else the person working did not care, because the last 2 times out of Miami I seen people having theirs confiscated.

I just love how the rules are sooooooo consistent! :rolleyes:

Exactly, if the rules were consistent then people would not be as likely to try and break them. From this post and many others we know that extra wine and booze have made it on board most ships on most cruises.