Cruiseline Formalwear Inc.

Snowblind

Hi,

YES! It was great! It was one less thing we had to worry about or pack. My husband ordered the pkg with the two jackets. It was so convienient. The tux arrived at our cabin door the first day of the cruise and the steward came to pick it up the last day of the cruise. I just ordered the same pkg for our upcoming cruise. No hassle, no muss, no fuss. So go ahead and suprise her. There is nothing handsomer than a man in a tux! Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi, CrazyforCruisin, thanks for the reply.

Sounds great, my wife will be shocked when she sees the tux.

On our last cruise a gentleman from England sat at our table dressed in the full tux, he looked like and talked like Sean Connery. She was impressed, to say the least. I won't have the same effect though, lol. ;)

Thanks again.:)

Hi Bolt,

The website is a little confusing, it does say under FAQ's that it supplies cruiselines in Miami, but does not mention Carnival cruises. Under the Order Now file it lists the rental packages from $75.00 to $110.00 for cruises under 11 days. Best bet would be to e-mail or phone them to confirm they supply Carnival cruise lines.

Have a Happy New Year.

Just a helpful hint I read someplace.

Go to one of the rental tux places or a good dept. store and have them do the measuring, before you order from Cruiseline Formalwear.

Your measurements should be very accurate.

Hi, greatam, thanks for the help. I definitely will be measured before I order. The website does advise that you try on the tux as soon as you get to your cabin, and that tailors are available on ship. But, you never know how busy they could be.

I was hoping to lose a few pounds before the cruise too, been hoping for the last two months, no luck yet. lol:)

I have heard that you can go to mens warehouse and get a tux for about $150.00 and own it.. I have a friend who cruises alot and said that was what they did for her hubby.. since they go at least once a year and thats the only time he wears it... might be worth looking into.

I just bought a complete tux, jacket, pants, vest, shirt and bowtie for $125 new with tags still on it on ebay. I received the tux last Thur. and it looks great. It came from California, sent to Indiana, so there was a $15.00 charge for shipping. You might want to check them out.

Larry

We went to Men's Wearhouse to buy a tux for DH - It was quite a bit over $150. We ended up with a bill for $500 or so for a tux, two shirts, hardware and a white dinner jacket. They didn't have any variety in cummerbund & tie sets, so he ordered them separately on the internet. Nice store, though, and the tailoring was very good.

Slinkie

I used them twice for my son on RCCL. It worked out great both times. However, the other posters have a point...if you cruise often...even once a year...I'd go to Men's Wearhouse (or similar place) where you can get a tux for the price of renting one to two times!! Yes, you have to carry it on board in a suitbag, but it's yours. And...once you have a tux...you'll find over the years that you have many other occasions to wear one! I didn't buy for my son because he's still growing! :)

We have rented tuxes on previous cruises and had good results. This year we had planned on buying DH a tux but changed our mind when he tried on one of his other good suits and needed it altered. Renting a tux has the following advantages:

1. We know a rented tux will always fit because the measurements are current (always measure before ordering, even if it's only been a few months since your last rental). So if DH (God forbid) gains or (God willing) loses a few inches around his middle, it's no big deal.

2. If something gets spilled on it or someone brushes by with a cigarette, we don't have to replace it. (We take the optional insurance, it's only a few bucks and it's worth it to us).

3. (And this is my favorite)...the room that would be taken up by his tux in the suitcase is now free for me to fill!!! :D

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just back from our cruise and I was very pleased with the tux I rented from Cruiseline Formalwear Inc. as was my wife.

When we got to our cabin it was hanging in our room, my DW said "Look they delivered someone else's baggage to our room." I said no, thats the tux I rented for the cruise. She was very pleased. Two days before we were about to leave she said it was too bad we did'nt rent me a tux, I said yea, too late now. :D

So any guys out there, I really recommend surprising the DW with a tux for the cruise.

Happy Cruising:)

This is probably going to sound really odd, but has anyone tried the shoe rental? DH has a tux, but on our last cruise, which was also our first, we didn't bring it. Why? As it was, he had tennis shoes, sandals, water shoes and shoes for dinner with his khakis. He is a 13WWW!!! Adding his tux shoes would have just put me over the edge...LOL. (We were traveling with two small children also!!)

Thanks for any info.

I rented the complete package last year on the Sun Princess. Two jackets, pants, cumberbund, tie, and shoes. They worked great. Not the type of shoes you would wear with anything else, but ok just the same.

fergie

Fergie1: Thanks! Exactly my point - he can't wear his regular dress shoes with his tux, and he can't wear his tux shoes with khakis...well, he COULD but he'd look kinda funny!!

I can't really tell from the web site - are the shoes patent leather? Thanks again!!

• 10 years later...

:eek: RUN, RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY VERY FAST :eek:

My experience was awful. Maybe you should look at their YELP rating (They're based in Miami, FL) before you rent a tux from these folks.

GO TO your LOCAL bridal shop and check out their Cruise packages. The hassle of carrying it with out is far outweighed by the luxury of having a tux that fits properly, it clean and pressed, and has no hidden problems because you can try it on BEFORE you sail. Not much you can do with it after the ship has sailed.

Jacket fit fine & Pants fit OK

Tie sorta' fit

Shirt was made for a far shorter man

Cummerbund was made for someone who wears very small

I was unable to wear it to dinner or dancing, and the photos showed how poorly it for, so we didn't buy any.

That is what I did! Pre-Booked and they re-directed me to Cruiseline Formalwear, Inc of Miami who botched it up.

I'm sorry to hear your experience was so poor - before DH purchased his own tux, we rented from Cruiseline Formal a couple of times for him, as well as for our son and son-in-law. Only once did we have a pair of pants that was too long, and when we contacted the front office, they sent someone up right away to remedy the situation. Did you have your measurements taken by a menswear or tux rental shop to send with your order? Did you contact the company on your return to express your displeasure?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I had just been measured for new business suits weeks before I ordered. THEY fit fine.

I called their office on the Monday after we disembarked and they were argumentative at best. Told me the tailor must have measured me wrong and that I couldn't possibly have had a problem if I was actually only 5'10" (which I swear I am).

Cruise Co had nothing to say, as they were nbot the people I rented from. It was their website that referred me to C.F. Inc.