Cost of gratuities per day

bbwex

If it is included why worry

from the FAQ

What is your gratuity policy?

For sailings prior to the 2013-14 Winter season:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $14.50 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $20.50 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

For sailings beginning with the 2013-14 Winter season:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $15.00 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $22.00 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

• 3 weeks later...
Where does that tip go.....does Oceania keep a portion?

How many people opt out of the credit card tip and give direct to the crew?

There may be some that opt out

You would be hard pressed to locate all those crew member that serve you on a daily basis unless you are carring a wad of bills around with you daily

Leave the auto tips in place & have a great cruise

Lyn

For those who may not know, that answer came direct from the President of Oceania.

Sent from my XT1031 using Forums mobile app

hondorner: Your posts are a breath of fresh air. And, I certainly appreciate seeing Mr. Kamlani's response on the Oceania board. It never ceases to amaze me how competent, caring and honest the top executives of Oceania and Regent area. Truly hope this does not change.

The stingy ones. :p

...Leave the Daily Service Charge and tip extra to individuals for extraordinary service.

+1

I have to add that we have been highly impressed with the service from room stewards to the crew that works in Terrace. On our last cruise I made a point to get the names of some of the workers in the Terrace buffet and put them on the comments card. They work day in and day out always smiling and doing their best to make us happy. I don't feel enough people take the time to single out the line workers and comment on the excellent job they do. For me a lot of these workers are the unsung heroes of the cruise line. Please take the time to thank them. :)

+1

I have to add that we have been highly impressed with the service from room stewards to the crew that works in Terrace. On our last cruise I made a point to get the names of some of the workers in the Terrace buffet and put them on the comments card. They work day in and day out always smiling and doing their best to make us happy. I don't feel enough people take the time to single out the line workers and comment on the excellent job they do. For me a lot of these workers are the unsung heroes of the cruise line. Please take the time to thank them. :)

+1

I usually take names & put them on the comment cards as well

It is good for them to see some people do appreciate their work

We normally cruise on Seabourn and Regent where the tips are included in the up front price. We also belong to a Country Club (CCA) that, from what I understand, the tips don't all make it to the staff. I think that is wrong. I am glad to hear that O doesn't take any of the tips......

We sailed for the first time on O a year ago from New York to London on the Marina. With the drink package and tips it still came in less expensive than on Seabourn, and the food was better.

Our next trip on O will be on Dec. 17th, Miami to Miami for 24 days......

Thank you for all your reply's...

+1

I usually take names & put them on the comment cards as well

It is good for them to see some people do appreciate their work

Putting names on your comment cards is a very effective way to show your appreciation as well as extra tipping. These cards are taken seriously by senior staff.

Putting names on your comment cards is a very effective way to show your appreciation as well as extra tipping. These cards are taken seriously by senior staff.

Really

yes we have had phone calls due to comments on the cards