Celebrity as Humpty Dumpty

cruisestitch

All this discussion of the Standard, Select, Classic, Premium, Specialty drinks has reminded me of a favorite quote from Alice:

"'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'"

It seems that Celebrity copywriters use the same seven words over and over again, and they mean, well, they never really get defined, so I guess they mean whatever Celebrity chooses them to mean.

The seven words are

Classic

Specialty

Premium

Elite

Select

Interactive

Priority

And you know what happened to poor Humpty Dumpty:eek:

All this discussion of the Standard, Select, Classic, Premium, Specialty drinks has reminded me of a favorite quote from Alice:

"'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'"

It seems that Celebrity copywriters use the same seven words over and over again, and they mean, well, they never really get defined, so I guess they mean whatever Celebrity chooses them to mean.

The seven words are

Classic

Specialty

Premium

Elite

Select

Interactive

Priority

And you know what happened to poor Humpty Dumpty:eek:

And then there is CC, Cruise Critic, Captains Club, Concierge Cabin...

ROFL. Too funny, but completely agree. The marketing teams buzz words! Even the description for the Standard drinks package in the Cruise Planner leaves you wondering .....

"Standard Package

Prices Starting From*

$45.00 USD Adult per day

ADD TO CART

Overview

Choose from Premium and Classic Packages in both spirited and non-spirited varieties, or a new Standard Package of value-priced spirits."

I think that one is less Humpty Dumpty and more Round and Round the Merry Go Round [emoji15][emoji848][emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Love this thread.....and the new ad man has a unique phrase to describe his approach...DISRUPTIVE MARKETING

http://www.celebritycruises.com/about-celebrity/about-celebrity-overview#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/about-celebrity/press-room?subtab=true&year=2016&event_date=2016-04-05&sequence_code=a

Guess that'll be the end of Marco Polo ads!

Edited by hcat