norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

It is a few extra feet the OP can not even share what cabins the had. Look at the deck plans any inside directly across from a balcony it is not that far to the hallway to the inside cabin door. No it's not right outside the door but not on the other side of the ship.

It is a lot more than a 'few extra feet'. The cabin numbers were posted, so either you aren't paying attention or are just spewing false information to further your agenda.

It is a lot more than a 'few extra feet'. The cabin numbers were posted, so either you aren't paying attention or are just spewing false information to further your agenda.

I have no agenda like you but I have yet been able to find the cabins the OP was booked in. Last a recall they had no idea. Maybe a check of the deck plans resulted in the two worse possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I have no agenda like you but I have yet been able to find the cabins the OP was booked in. Last a recall they had no idea. Maybe a check of the deck plans resulted in the two worse possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Try post 164

Bill

I'll save you the trouble. They had 13226 & 13617 and if you look at the deck plans, you'll see just how far around the walk is to get from one to the other.

It will end when...and only when...the OP quits talking to anyone and everyone EXCEPT for the one person who (allegedly) gave him the false information.

Nobody else should be held responsible for what one person (allegedly) said.

Why do you think a conversation hasn't been undertaken between these two?? The OP has their name...and their phone number....why not use them???

It should end when OP apologizes to NCL for violating their rules on booking underage kids in a room by themselves.

yeah who cares if that is what they told the OP to do.

He should obviously be banned from ever cruising again.

It will end when...and only when...the OP quits talking to anyone and everyone EXCEPT for the one person who (allegedly) gave him the false information.

Why do you think a conversation hasn't been undertaken between these two?? The OP has their name...and their phone number....why not use them???

A company should be responsible for what its representatives do while working for them shouldn't they??

Because as you said it is a he said she said situation. And as mentioned before I have contacted him and gotten nowhere. Whether or not you believe me is immaterial. A company that refuses to speak to a customer who is being very persistent with an issue is just completely wrong.

Because as you said it is a he said she said situation. And as mentioned before I have contacted him and gotten nowhere. Whether or not you believe me is immaterial. A company that refuses to speak to a customer who is being very persistent with an issue is just completely wrong.

I had a similar situation with tickets I bought in Italy a few years ago. I pre purchased timed admission to the doges palace and the carnival switched our port day in Venice.

I called the Italian company once to try and change and I even showed up at the doges a day early which became our new port day only to be turned away as the tix were for the next day

I chose to eat the $150 in ticket costs in order to stay sane and I posted here in order to remind people that if you buy prepaid tix and your itin is changed you might be out the money

I was actually ok with the loss and posted that maybe I should make a travel Insurance claim or call the cruise line or possibly even call my credit card and dispute the charge

As I said I did none of this and was ok with that as I didn't want the stress for $150

Well you would have the world was ending based on these boards

I was stupid

I should dispute it

I should not dispute it as it was my fault I prepaid

I had no right to think the insurance would cover it due to a change in port day ( isn't that just what insurance should cover?)

It goes on and on but I was either a devil or an innocent pax according to these boards

Since then I have learned how to maneuver or shall I say manipulate these boards in order to get the info and advice lol I am looking for

But bottom line these posters are strangers and should never irk you.

Just sit back and laugh at silly posts. You can include this post in that category too if you want. Lol

IMHO this cruise was not to your liking from the get go and the rep that booked you was totally wrong

I feel you shod have spoken to the hotel manager while on board and respectfully requested a $200 Obc

They were not changing cabins that is for sure

We cruise with the kids and when they were younger I always made sure we had connecting with a door ocean view cabins

Fwiw I always thought the across the hall crap was just that crap and too risky

Hopefully you just let this go for now and don't be surprised if they do absolutely nothing for you and it takes 8 weeks for an official response from Ncl

I had a similar situation with tickets I bought in Italy a few years ago. I pre purchased timed admission to the doges palace and the carnival switched our port day in Venice.

I called the Italian company once to try and change and I even showed up at the doges a day early which became our new port day only to be turned away as the tix were for the next day

I chose to eat the $150 in ticket costs in order to stay sane and I posted here in order to remind people that if you buy prepaid tix and your itin is changed you might be out the money

I was actually ok with the loss and posted that maybe I should make a travel Insurance claim or call the cruise line or possibly even call my credit card and dispute the charge

As I said I did none of this and was ok with that as I didn't want the stress for $150

Well you would have the world was ending based on these boards

I was stupid

I should dispute it

I should not dispute it as it was my fault I prepaid

I had no right to think the insurance would cover it due to a change in port day ( isn't that just what insurance should cover?)

It goes on and on but I was either a devil or an innocent pax according to these boards

Since then I have learned how to maneuver or shall I say manipulate these boards in order to get the info and advice lol I am looking for

But bottom line these posters are strangers and should never irk you.

Just sit back and laugh at silly posts. You can include this post in that category too if you want. Lol

IMHO this cruise was not to your liking from the get go and the rep that booked you was totally wrong

I feel you shod have spoken to the hotel manager while on board and respectfully requested a $200 Obc

They were not changing cabins that is for sure

We cruise with the kids and when they were younger I always made sure we had connecting with a door ocean view cabins

Fwiw I always thought the across the hall crap was just that crap and too risky

Hopefully you just let this go for now and don't be surprised if they do absolutely nothing for you and it takes 8 weeks for an official response from Ncl

I agree with you. My wife wasn't very happy with me when I told her instead of adjoining room the ncl rep suggested an inside cabin and I went with it.

That being said what I can't believe is that people on here actually defend the way NCL has handled it. It seems very apparent that their is a severe lack of training for the customer service people. And it is very apparent that they are very understaffed. Just doesn't set a good example of how they do business.

A company should be responsible for what its representatives do while working for them shouldn't they??

Only when they are following company procedures. And, of course, that someone can PROVE that they did something they should not have. You can't expect a company to be responsible for what you "claim" they said.

Not without proof, anyway.

First...it is illogical (sorry Spock) to say that the company refuses to speak to a customer just after stating that you have, in fact, contacted and spoken with a company representative (the PCC).

That aside, I'm both surprised and confused. You state above that you previously mentioned that you contacted the PCC and got nowhere.

I only point that out since two days ago you said:

Not to me. To be honest, we haven't had that conversation as to whose fault it is. I am going to send an email now and ask what his position is on this. If he replies that I just asked for two rooms I might have a stroke though. :)

The continually shifting story is getting annoying. I talked with him, nobody will talk to me, he told me this, we never had a conversation...:rolleyes:

You need to address what the PCC said WITH the PCC. Don't waste your time talking with anyone else as they will simply have to put you off until they get confirmation from the PCC that you were actually told what you claim.

Cut to the chase...go to the source. Work up the chain from there. You can't expect a situation to resolve itself if you don't use the right methods.

Or don't. Then all you will get is a very high post count.

Unless the thread goes *poof*.

I can't understand how this is still going on. If I had this problem I would have more than likely gotten it resolved in a day or two through persistence instead of wasting all my time online arguing with people.

I would have started with the PCC as Seashark stated and worked from there.

OP I had your back all this time but this is now utterly ridiculous.

Bill

Frankly, I'm amazed that this thread has gotten up to 25 pages. OP, honestly, people here are going to believe what they want to believe. Some people side with you. Others don't. You're not going to change anyone's minds here. Seems to me that you keep continually coming back and retorting anyone that disagrees with you.

In the end, why are you continuing to cause yourself so much angst? Face it, 99% of us are just names on a screen to you, you will never meet the great majority of us. Why do you care so much what other people think about you or how you handled the situation?

The more you talk about it, the more worked up about it you get, the more stress you cause yourself. It's not worth it to continue to argue with everyone.

First...it is illogical (sorry Spock) to say that the company refuses to speak to a customer just after stating that you have, in fact, contacted and spoken with a company representative (the PCC).

That aside, I'm both surprised and confused. You state above that you previously mentioned that you contacted the PCC and got nowhere.

I only point that out since two days ago you said:

The continually shifting story is getting annoying. I talked with him, nobody will talk to me, he told me this, we never had a conversation...:rolleyes:

You need to address what the PCC said WITH the PCC. Don't waste your time talking with anyone else as they will simply have to put you off until they get confirmation from the PCC that you were actually told what you claim.

Cut to the chase...go to the source. Work up the chain from there. You can't expect a situation to resolve itself if you don't use the right methods.

Or don't. Then all you will get is a very high post count.

Unless the thread goes *poof*.

Not sure where you think this changing of story occurs. It is quite simple. I contacted our cruise consultant. He said he would forward to the proper people to take care of it. I just told him the problem and he said he would take care of it. He was going to forward to the proper people who handle. I waited awhile and never heard back. I sent him an email asking what was going on. He replied they haven't contacted you? I replied no and I am getting quite agitated. Then I never heard from him again. I sent two other emails to him after that and never heard back.

Does that help.

I understand that you are fixated on who picked the rooms. My point is that regardless of who picked the rooms someone from NCL should at least call me back. Yes I could spend several hours going from person to person at NCL and finally get this finalized. However at this point it isn't about the money it is about highlighting a very substandard customer service system. I have given up on getting any resolution with NCL. They have shown their true colors to me.

OP have you reached out to :

Socialmedia@ncl.com (if not why and do it ASAP)

I too have felt you deserved at the very least to be contacted by NCL regarding this entire situation.

However, had you put as much time and energy into contacting NCL directly instead of spending over a week posting over 100+ posts here.... Well you may have had some resolution by now....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Frankly, I'm amazed that this thread has gotten up to 25 pages. OP, honestly, people here are going to believe what they want to believe. Some people side with you. Others don't. You're not going to change anyone's minds here. Seems to me that you keep continually coming back and retorting anyone that disagrees with you.

In the end, why are you continuing to cause yourself so much angst? Face it, 99% of us are just names on a screen to you, you will never meet the great majority of us. Why do you care so much what other people think about you or how you handled the situation?

The more you talk about it, the more worked up about it you get, the more stress you cause yourself. It's not worth it to continue to argue with everyone.

Not really that worked up. At this point I am just highlighting the business practices of a company. They are welcome to dispute my story any time. I would welcome it.

OP have you reached out to :

Socialmedia@ncl.com (if not why and do it ASAP)

I too have felt you deserved at the very least to be contacted by NCL regarding this entire situation.

However, had you put as much time and energy into contacting NCL directly instead of spending over a week posting over 100+ posts here.... Well you may have had some resolution by now....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have contacted them. I have contacted every method recommended by people. It is just fascinating.

I would love to post on here that someone has replied to me.

Remember the Facebook reply when they said they were on it. Still nothing.