Hi, question about Medical Forms.

RHONDA L

Do we complete the medical forms or does our doctor complete them?

Does everyone have to complete this?

Just talking about this and the other forms that will need to be completed with my mom and it seems a bit overwhelming.

I found this on an old thread, but I think it may be good information.

"This form is for passengers who have health conditions that could be of concern or that need special attention while on a cruise and need to show that they are medically fit to travel.

Unless you are in that category, you do not need to fill them out"

There will likely be a very short form at embarkation that must be done in person at check-in.

My Mom was visually impaired and every time I submitted this to Princess and that we were bringing a Seeing Eye dog - they always sent the very long medical forms. Due to this one issue - it triggered those forms!

I never filled them out or submitted them. I always had to speak with Fleet Medical about requirements for the dog and would always say "you have everything you need, right" and the forms never came up in the conversation.

IMO - it was none of their business my Mom's medical history. I knew her history and if something did happen, they could call her doctor.

I always brought a list of her meds, her allergies, and her specific doctor phone numbers and had these in my possession. My Mom became Elite with out ever submitting these forms.

Edited by Coral

Just talking about this and the other forms that will need to be completed with my mom and it seems a bit overwhelming.

Here's a link to the Medical form:

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/Princess_Health_Form.pdf

There's a section for the doctor to complete & here's what it shows at the top:

If you have a medical condition, please verify with your personal physician that you are well enough to travel on the itinerary you have chosen. If you are pregnant, on dialysis, traveling with oxygen or using electric medical equipment you need to notify Fleet Medical with this form. Traveling with a service animal requires prior approval which may be obtained through Customer Assistance.

I don't think you need a medical form just to use a wheelchair/walker.

No, don't think you do - I wasn't asked to submit one, but I got my GP to fill it out, really just as an extra confirmation of me being "fit to travel" should anything have gone wrong & I ended up having problems with insurance covering me (despite approval and pretty comprehensive cover for my preexistings I've heard a few horror stories..) - but if you use a wheelchair/scooter/walker Princess do get you to submit a "mobility questionnaire" form to their access office that covers things like weight & dimensions - and also whether you use the device full time, can walk short distances, etc.

The mobility form you just fill out yourself - https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess-Mobility-Questionnaire.pdf

Laura

Edited by LokiPoki

Rhonda - are you in a handicapped accessible cabin? If you are, then you need to complete the special needs forms (nothing that the doctor needs to fill out if I recall) and submit them to their Special Needs department. There's also an entire discussion board located here under Special Interests - Disabled Cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I was ill on my last cruise. the Bill fro Princess was about $1100.00.. You need to submit any medical bills to your primary and secondary insurance first, The Princess travel insurance pays only after your primary insurance has paid and then they pay only wthat your primary and secondary did not pay. My primary was Medicare and my secondary was Blue Cross. Medicare paid nothing how ever my secondary paid the full bill. Make sure you submit you bill on the Overseas form for your secondary insurance. Hope this helps

I was ill on my last cruise. the Bill fro Princess was about $1100.00.. You need to submit any medical bills to your primary and secondary insurance first, The Princess travel insurance pays only after your primary insurance has paid and then they pay only wthat your primary and secondary did not pay. My primary was Medicare and my secondary was Blue Cross. Medicare paid nothing how ever my secondary paid the full bill. Make sure you submit you bill on the Overseas form for your secondary insurance. Hope this helps

This ha nothing to do with OP's concern.

No, don't think you do - I wasn't asked to submit one, but I got my GP to fill it out, really just as an extra confirmation of me being "fit to travel" should anything have gone wrong & I ended up having problems with insurance covering me (despite approval and pretty comprehensive cover for my preexistings I've heard a few horror stories..) - but if you use a wheelchair/scooter/walker Princess do get you to submit a "mobility questionnaire" form to their access office that covers things like weight & dimensions - and also whether you use the device full time, can walk short distances, etc.

The mobility form you just fill out yourself - https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess-Mobility-Questionnaire.pdf

Laura

Ok Laura. Thanks.