Is May off season on the Breakaway

ann41

I am trying to see if I need to try and get the Vibe pass or just go to h20 :cool:

I like and area without kids ( I love kids but mine are adults now ) so the less the better. I will be going May 15 so I praying that it wont be that bad and I will not have to get up at 6:00am to claim a chair.

Any info about h20 would be fantastic

Also Is it warm in May in Bermuda? And on the ship ? Will I need to pack jackets ?

I'm getting so excited I cant wait!!!:D

We're on the May 8th sailing on Breakaway, our third time to Bermuda (twice on Summit). We've always gone in May and the weather is usually quite lovely......not hot, but warm and mostly sunny. The nights are, however, a bit cool. You'll need a jacket to go out at night.

As for Vibe, you will need to be in the first group to check in at the pier and then race to Guest Services to get your passes. They sell very quickly, from what I've read here. I've also read that it can be windy up there and it will be closed occasionally and you are not refunded for time not used. However, once in Bermuda, it would be lovely up there.....unless it rains.

I'm sorry, but I don't know about the other venue you mentioned.

For BDA, you want to pack a hooded nylon windbreaker, passing shower forecasted - if they happen - are usually quick ones & over the islands before you know it and spin out away from land masses. If you are really worry about the chills, a NorthFace or Columbia fleece vest - rolled up & stored in daypack should do it. Humidity might be on the high side with the ocean breeze & complex weather systems in the middle of the deep Atlantic - sunny & cool, don't forget SPF 30 or 45+ sunshield.

It's difficult to imagine zero children on the BA, even for mid May - you should expect some, pre-schoolers & maybe small children, not in traditional classrooms (unless parents opted to take them out for a family vacation) - the college crowd typically doing final exams that week or study for it. :D

I am trying to see if I need to try and get the Vibe pass or just go to h20 :cool:

I like and area without kids ( I love kids but mine are adults now ) so the less the better. I will be going May 15 so I praying that it wont be that bad and I will not have to get up at 6:00am to claim a chair.

Any info about h20 would be fantastic

Also Is it warm in May in Bermuda? And on the ship ? Will I need to pack jackets ?

I'm getting so excited I cant wait!!!:D

We've taken the Breakaway a few times in May. If you want to make sure of having a childless peaceful time, get the Vibe pass.

Most kids in the NYC area get out of school in June, but you have families visiting from all over so especially if you go later in May you might find that you have quite a few children there, though I've never felt that it was overrun with kids.

I'd pack a light jacket or sweater for air conditioned areas of the ship or in case in happens to rain in Bermuda, but that's a lovely time of year to be there.

Bon Voyage, enjoy Bermuda it's one of my favorite islands in the world!

We went last year, the first week of May and as another poster mentioned the air temperature was wonderful. Not humid at all. However, the water temperature was very chilly and we were not able to stay in past our knees for any extended period of time. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't the Caribbean . We ended up spending a day at a hotel that had a day package and heated pool.

This year we are going in August. I know it will be humid but, I am an ocean person and plan on spending a lot of time in the water.

The island itself is beautiful and the people are lovely, so you will have a great time in or out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are doing the BA to Bermuda the first week in May. We are going mostly for the golf, not really beach folks. From the research I have done, the water is usually chilly and the jelly fish are prevalent. I can let you know when we return how the weather was and if I get near the water, I'll stick my toe in and let you know that as well..

It apparently isn't the most popular time go since 30 days out there are still 18 Haven suites available.

It is NOT true that you have to be in the first boarding group to get a VIBE pass. We were in boarding group 6 and didn't board until after noon and we still were able to get three of the passes.

My suggestion? Head to Guest Services as soon as you board and ask. You never know.

Thank you everyone for your answers to my questions :)

I will bring a jacket for sure and maybe sweat pants too.

Does anyone know if h20 gets crowed in may ? We are going may 15th

And I'm a early riser but just wondering if it was so crowed that you can't find a seat. Im still thinking about vibe but not sure if I really need it or not

I'm so excited its not coming fast enough ( well I still need to lose another 15 lbs ) :D

In May most colleges are done by Mother day, I know SU graduates Mother's day weekend always, and many southern schools are done with classes as well, because they start in mid August. Many NY schools postphoned their break from Easter week, to the end of April....