Miami Hotel for New Year's Weekend

harryw

I have stayed in Miami twice on New Years Eve and this is one of those times when the hotel rates are very high.

There are those hotel booking sites that people always mention on this board that you can try. I just book through the hotel.

Keith

Need a room January 2 pre-cruise but have sticker shock iver holiday hotel rates. Any suggestions on snagging a reasonably priced room?

Harry

Flying into FLL or MIA? :confused:

Your reasonable might be my splurge - what is your budget? :confused:

Travelling solo? Honeymoon? Family with kids? :confused:

When does your flight arrive? Getting in late and just want dinner and a room, or do you have time to explore Miami/Miami Beach? :confused:

Give us a little more info and the responses will be more on target. ;)

Need a room January 2 pre-cruise but have sticker shock iver holiday hotel rates. Any suggestions on snagging a reasonably priced room?

Harry

That's a Saturday night over a holiday weekend.

I would just prepare myself to pay a large amount for a room. Hotwire will take a little of the sting out of it.

One warning, do not book a room that is considerably less than what everything else is going for. You can tell yourself that it is only for one night but don't do it.

Edited to add that I just took a glance on Hotwire and as long as you book Miami Beach, South Beach, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, or downtown, you'll be fine.

Don't book: Airport, Kendell, Hialeah.

Edited by BlueHerons

That's a Saturday night over a holiday weekend.

I would just prepare myself to pay a large amount for a room. Hotwire will take a little of the sting out of it.

One warning, do not book a room that is considerably less than what everything else is going for. You can tell yourself that it is only for one night but don't do it.

Edited to add that I just took a glance on Hotwire and as long as you book Miami Beach, South Beach, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, or downtown, you'll be fine.

Don't book: Airport, Kendell, Hialeah.

Two of us are flying to MIA, arriving mid afternoon. We'd like a hotel with nearby dining options. Shopping would also be a plus.

While we usually stay in South Beach, noise from partyers have become a problem so a quieter location would be fine. Usually we book a room coming in about $375, even with taxes. But we are hesitant to make a blind selection, as with Hotwire.

A friend recommends Biscayne Bay...and read that downtown after 5 pm is desolate with zombies...

Harry

Two of us are flying to MIA, arriving mid afternoon. We'd like a hotel with nearby dining options. Shopping would also be a plus.

While we usually stay in South Beach, noise from partyers have become a problem so a quieter location would be fine. Usually we book a room coming in about $375, even with taxes. But we are hesitant to make a blind selection, as with Hotwire.

A friend recommends Biscayne Bay...and read that downtown after 5 pm is desolate with zombies...

Harry

You can stay over in the Brickell area and would be able to walk to many restaurants. It will be a lot quieter over here than in South Beach.

Right now there are a few hotels available on lastminutetravel.com. I see the Hyatt Regency at $233.12, the Hampton Inn Brickell at $287.16, The Conrad at $328.80 and the JW Marriott at $339.79. Personally I would book the Hyatt last on this list.

You can stay over in the Brickell area and would be able to walk to many restaurants. It will be a lot quieter over here than in South Beach.

Right now there are a few hotels available on lastminutetravel.com. I see the Hyatt Regency at $233.12, the Hampton Inn Brickell at $287.16, The Conrad at $328.80 and the JW Marriott at $339.79. Personally I would book the Hyatt last on this list.

Isn't downtown/Brickell going to be a zoo on NYE with the ball drop? I can't remember where all of that is.

To the OP, I think the only place you may find a little quieter NYE would be Coral Gables.

Downtown Brickell is fine.

Sure if you are driving around it might be busy but just walking is fine. We've done that as we have gone to Truluck's a few times on New Year's Eve and then walked back to our hotel about 20 minutes away.

Keith

We won't arrive in Miami until the 2nd, so the ball drop revels won't be an issue. But we've had problems in South Beach with hotel rooms too close to late night clubs. We've been happy with Marriott over the years (except Courtyard) so that is a possibility.

Harry

Isn't downtown/Brickell going to be a zoo on NYE with the ball drop? I can't remember where all of that is.

To the OP, I think the only place you may find a little quieter NYE would be Coral Gables.

OP is looking for a hotel for the night of Jan 2, not NYE.

Downtown is but surprisingly Brickell isn't!