Pub meals - free or charged?

outlawuk

Hello everyone, I'm new here, thoroughly enjoyed a 3 night cruise recently on Queen Victoria (my first ever cruise on any ship) and have just booked first sector of QM2 world cruise Soton-Dubai on 10th January in cheapest cabin. Anyhow...

Are the pub meals free? I see prices on Cunard site for Todd English and speciality buffet areas in evening, but no mention of the pubs? On the 3 night 'booze cruise' (?!) the pub was so busy with World Cup revelers that I didn't even get to see a menu. In fact I barely even got a drink! Seriously though it was a fabulous experience. Thanks.

The Golden Lion is a popular place to have lunch (no extra charge) and therefore fills up early.

On days where there is a trivia quiz right before lunch you'll find many from the quiz will stay seated (so brush up on your trivia and join a team to ensure a seat! ;) )

There are many photos of the QM2's Golden Lion, of the interiors of QM2, and a "tour" of her public rooms, via the link below, I hope they help :) .

Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

The Golden Lion is a popular place to have lunch (no extra charge) and therefore fills up early.

On days where there is a trivia quiz right before lunch you'll find many from the quiz will stay seated (so brush up on your trivia and join a team to ensure a seat! ;) )

There are many photos of the QM2's Golden Lion, of the interiors of QM2, and a "tour" of her public rooms, via the link below, I hope they help :) .

Bon Voyage!

Pepper,

I looked at many of your picture sets. You have an astounding eye for taking a great picture. Thank you. :)

Hello everyone, I'm new here, thoroughly enjoyed a 3 night cruise recently on Queen Victoria (my first ever cruise on any ship) and have just booked first sector of QM2 world cruise Soton-Dubai on 10th January in cheapest cabin. Anyhow...

Are the pub meals free? I see prices on Cunard site for Todd English and speciality buffet areas in evening, but no mention of the pubs? On the 3 night 'booze cruise' (?!) the pub was so busy with World Cup revelers that I didn't even get to see a menu. In fact I barely even got a drink! Seriously though it was a fabulous experience. Thanks.

You have about six different meals to choose from, more or less the same each day plus a pudding, even when busy service not bad at all. ALL FREE.:D

Just returned from first trip on QE. Really enjoyed it and thought the ship very elegant. I had the fish & chip lunch in the Lion Pub on two occasions and it was excellent, DH had the steak and ale pie and would recommend that too. We went in especially to listen to a Dixieland set by members of the orchestra and couldn't resist the pub grub! The entertainment was very good as well. A good experience and definitely worth doing ;)

Pepper, I looked at many of your picture sets. You have an astounding eye for taking a great picture. Thank you.
:o No, thank you for your very kind words :o . I'm glad if you enjoyed them, or they brought back happy memories :) .

Thank you again, sincere best wishes and happy sailings for the future :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hello, Your pics are wonderful!!! Regards, ItalianGuest
Thank you for that great comment! :o Very good of you :o .

I am so very pleased you enjoyed your recent Cunard voyage, and hope that your next will be even better :) (Hint, make the next one a west-bound transatlantic-crossing on QM2 ;) ).

Thank you again, all best wishes to you and happy sailings!

Edited by pepperrn