Transferring a booking

BLAMBKY

i booked on board & transferred mt booking to a TA for the OBC. When the transfer is complete, will it show benefits from both cruiseline (on board credit booking bonus) as well as what TA offered?

i booked on board & transferred mt booking to a TA for the OBC. When the transfer is complete, will it show benefits from both cruiseline (on board credit booking bonus) as well as what TA offered?

If you are asking about a Royal Caribbean booking, the cruise line's website and booking confirmation will not show perks from the travel agent.

If you are asking about a Royal Caribbean booking, the cruise line's website and booking confirmation will not show perks from the travel agent.

Same is true with Celebrity. Have done this several times and my TA's OBC only appears when I check once onboard.

Bring a copy of the TA'S perks with you. We were on Oasis and the free specialty dinning perk from our TA never showed up. We were told by the Chops staff that we just need to show them it was given as a perk from the TA and they would just bill the TA. No such luck, my wife usualy saves everything,,, but not this time,,, happy cruising

I, unfortunately, don't have an answer. I don't see an answer in any of the above posts either.

The OP is asking if BOTH credits will be given to her AFTER she transfers the booking to the travel agent. 1) The cruise ship credit and 2) the TA's credit.

Does anyone know if both will still be valid? At least, I 'think' that is what is being asked. : ? )

I, unfortunately, don't have an answer. I don't see an answer in any of the above posts either.

The OP is asking if BOTH credits will be given to her AFTER she transfers the booking to the travel agent. 1) The cruise ship credit and 2) the TA's credit.

Does anyone know if both will still be valid? At least, I 'think' that is what is being asked. : ? )

Both will be valid as that issued by the cruise line transfers to the TA. What the TA offers is separate from that and will also be valid on board. As Bob indicated in post #2, the TA's OBC will not show on the cruise line's booking prior to departure, however, but will appear and be valid on board. As suggested take copies of the TA's OBC on board as back up.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I please ask if you book your cruise on the cruise line website and receive OBC and then transfer your booking to a TA won't you lose the OBC from the cruise line? Do you cancel your reservation? Do you lose your deposit? Maybe I don't understand this process. Can someone please explain in detail. We are getting ready to book a big family cruise and these perks will help a lot to those of less means to splurge.

Can I please ask if you book your cruise on the cruise line website and receive OBC and then transfer your booking to a TA won't you lose the OBC from the cruise line? Do you cancel your reservation? Do you lose your deposit? Maybe I don't understand this process. Can someone please explain in detail. We are getting ready to book a big family cruise and these perks will help a lot to those of less means to splurge.

The reservation does not get cancelled, it just gets moved to the travel agent. No loss of deposit. You keep all the perks (including OBC) from the original booking.

The reservation does not get cancelled, it just gets moved to the travel agent. No loss of deposit. You keep all the perks (including OBC) from the original booking.

What if the cruise is on sale by RCI with a non-refundable deposit if cancelled? Will they still transfer? Is it inappropriate to ask the RCI agent when you are booking?