SUN OUT OF DRY DOCK - Owner's Suite 1003

davesgirl51

Thanks very much.

This looks much more peaceful than the photos shown online with the deck plans.

Do you happen to have photos of the bedroom? Is there nothing between the bed and those windows?

And what is that extra [dressing room?] area?

Are all of the windows actually sliding doors? It's very difficult to tell from the diagrams.

It all looks wonderful!

ENJOY!

Thanks very much.

This looks much more peaceful than the photos shown online with the deck plans.

Do you happen to have photos of the bedroom? Is there nothing between the bed and those windows?

And what is that extra [dressing room?] area?

Are all of the windows actually sliding doors? It's very difficult to tell from the diagrams.

It all looks wonderful!

ENJOY!

It is amazingly peaceful. I wish I could figure out how to enlarge the pics for you. But, it is all done in soft beiges and earth tones. The rug is beige background with swirls of brown, light blue and a darker blue.

If you take a cake and split it into quarters, this suite would be the 9-12 quarter with connections to a mini suite on its left and a something else to the right. All connections with a half bath are in the alcove as you walk in with a small table ottoman like on the big ships where I place empty plates and stuff for the butler.

If you take that cake quarter and draw two lines relatively equidistant from the arc to the radius, that pretty much represents how the suite is split up. So the largest section on the right is the living room and dining room and a bar area with small sink up against the alcove wall. There is a desk with a laptop and a personal router on the wall across from dining table and next to sofa. 40 inch flat screen TV with DVD player and surround sound is on connecting wall to the bedroom. Clearly, if you open all the connections you have a Garden Villa like area with 3.5 baths and sleeping for at least 8.

The oriental-like glass doors lead to the bedroom. There is a piece of wall furniture with a small flat screen tv on the wall that abuts the dressing area (that didn't get its own line but is between bedroom and bathroom.) There is also a club chair with an ottoman and a reading light.

Living room, bedroom, and dressing area all have doors and floor to ceiling windows (in former) to the balcony which has a spa, table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers which have beige cushions.

The spa has a plexiglas screen to block wind but make no mistake, the wind is ferocious compared to the DEEP balconies of the Sky. We were unable to use the spa or balcony except whilst in port which is fine for us. Today we used coolish water in the spa in Sitka as it was a balmy !!! 75 degrees !!!. The curtains are navy with beige checks (sort of, maybe more like a tweed.)

One doorway from master that has a pocket door leads into dressing area on right with 'table', stool, his/her closet area with drawers safe, and shelves. If you don't turn into the dressing area, you walk into a huge bath with toilet and shower on left, tub straight ahead with shower extension, beautiful 2 walled cabinetry, 2 sinks and the obnoxious scale. :eek:

Took a couple of days to figure out the light switches and wonderful dimmers that make this suite so elegant.

If you love the sound of wind, you can sleep with curtains tied back and door open in bedroom. Just leave living room doors open and door to bath as well.

Dry dock was mostly mechanical with refurbishing of carpet areas and suites. 2018 will bring major overhaul to bring in line with fleet "Edge".

I think I have answered most questions. Anything else, I will try to answer. Will be aboard for another week after this.

Cinci:)

Edited by davesgirl51

Thank you for the comments and photos. We'll be in owner's suite 1203 for an august cruise. Looks like a great space, especially the deck.

So your suite will be mirror opposite of 1003.

My comments regarding the adjoining cabins combine to make sort of a Garden Villa ... That would be inside only. Balconies do not connect to afford Owner's Suite privacy with hot tub. Can only be viewed from above if you are right up against plexiglass.

Remember to put up your DND sign 😱😉😱

It is amazingly peaceful. I wish I could figure out how to enlarge the pics for you. But, it is all done in soft beiges and earth tones. The rug is beige background with swirls of brown, light blue and a darker blue.

If you take a cake and split it into quarters, this suite would be the 9-12 quarter with connections to a mini suite on its left and a something else to the right. All connections with a half bath are in the alcove as you walk in with a small table ottoman like on the big ships where I place empty plates and stuff for the butler.

If you take that cake quarter and draw two lines relatively equidistant from the arc to the radius, that pretty much represents how the suite is split up. So the largest section on the right is the living room and dining room and a bar area with small sink up against the alcove wall. There is a desk with a laptop and a personal router on the wall across from dining table and next to sofa. 40 inch flat screen TV with DVD player and surround sound is on connecting wall to the bedroom. Clearly, if you open all the connections you have a Garden Villa like area with 3.5 baths and sleeping for at least 8.

The oriental-like glass doors lead to the bedroom. There is a piece of wall furniture with a small flat screen tv on the wall that abuts the dressing area (that didn't get its own line but is between bedroom and bathroom.) There is also a club chair with an ottoman and a reading light.

Living room, bedroom, and dressing area all have doors and floor to ceiling windows (in former) to the balcony which has a spa, table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers which have beige cushions.

The spa has a plexiglas screen to block wind but make no mistake, the wind is ferocious compared to the DEEP balconies of the Sky. We were unable to use the spa or balcony except whilst in port which is fine for us. Today we used coolish water in the spa in Sitka as it was a balmy !!! 75 degrees !!!. The curtains are navy with beige checks (sort of, maybe more like a tweed.)

One doorway from master that has a pocket door leads into dressing area on right with 'table', stool, his/her closet area with drawers safe, and shelves. If you don't turn into the dressing area, you walk into a huge bath with toilet and shower on left, tub straight ahead with shower extension, beautiful 2 walled cabinetry, 2 sinks and the obnoxious scale. :eek:

Took a couple of days to figure out the light switches and wonderful dimmers that make this suite so elegant.

If you love the sound of wind, you can sleep with curtains tied back and door open in bedroom. Just leave living room doors open and door to bath as well.

Dry dock was mostly mechanical with refurbishing of carpet areas and suites. 2018 will bring major overhaul to bring in line with fleet "Edge".

I think I have answered most questions. Anything else, I will try to answer. Will be aboard for another week after this.

Cinci:)

Another week? How wonderful!!

And 75 degrees!? Wow!

We are relatively familiar with the basics of the floor plan from the diagram on NCL's Sun Deck Plans, but diagrams aren't always quite right, and the furnishings can change a lot.

Can you see out to sea from the sofa, or is the angle all wrong?

And can you see much from the bed? It seems set back quite a ways.

DH's first cruise (my first was back in the '70's, but he insisted he'd hate it, until he was hooked instantly the first time :)) was on the Dawn in the side DOS. That has a similar forward view, plus the wing looking back down the side of the ship, and ALL wall-to-wall windows, and from bed, we could look over our toes at the sea ahead, or islands, etc. - but... NO balcony!

Have you been to Glacier Bay yet? Could you see enough from your balcony, or did you need to get out for better views?

Could you hear the Rangers on a TV?

Who is your Butler? (good? great?)

Thanks so much!!

We really appreciate the photos. Makes it SO much nicer to look forward to, not that we were lacking in that area... we just can't wait!

:)

Yes, you can see from everywhere, however, it has been so sunny that we have kept the curtains closed all day due to the heat. I would also venture that the side Dawn affords a better view.

The small chair at right angle to the sofa faces window directly. If you prefer that, I am sure you can bring club chair from MBR and place it next to LR chair and flip oval coffee table around.

This is just the Pac Coastal so we won't see glaciers till next week but am sure you will see those. Hot tub an awesome place !

Can you ask if anything change in Balcony stateroom (ex. carpet, beds, etc) ?

We will be in MB1010 in July and we really appreciate your comments of the Sun (and more pictures ?)

Thanks !

We will be in MB1010 in July and we really appreciate your comments of the Sun (and more pictures ?)

Thanks !

No. The recent dry dock was mostly mechanical (engine and bridge) and forward suites. Major drydock had to be postponed to 2018 as the refurbishments to comply with "Edge" , for this ship particularly, required more time. No more pics coming. The weather has been sunny and 70 since day 2 and continues til now, but less warm. All abuzz at the GLORIOUS day we had in Ketchikan 😃

Thanks !

As mentioned, no refurbished rooms with the short dry dock. We were in a mini on deck 11 in February and it had been updated in nice neutral colors like the owners suite. My guess is the carpet, drapes, etc. were a year or so old. We really liked the cabin and the great bathroom.

Interested in a review of: The “Norwegian Edge” promo posted on CC

The article mentioned many upgrades, including a “focus on raising the level of dining …. New test menus crafted for the complimentary dining rooms onboard Norwegian's Escape, will be rolled out to the rest of the fleet. Look for options like prime rib, rack of lamb and chateaubriand -- again, this is in the no-charge dining rooms. …

Norwegian's specialty restaurants are also getting new menus

Thanks

Elaine / Travelnn