advice needed?

colorado06

first how early do you have to cancel a cruise i have a deposit only and cruise leaves november i may have wedding same time learned after booking, i do not want to be charged,i believe 120 days is fine, second is carribbian cruising good for weather ie water temp, will temp and sea temp be ok in november into december. usvi bvi barbados kitts.

thank you for any help

The answer can vary by cruise line and booking terms. For many cruises, you can get a full refund until final payment. Others will not refund the deposit.

Final payment also can vary. it is usually 75 to 120 days.

Hurricane season ends November 1st but ships will not go anywhere near a hurricane! (We live on the NC coast, waterfront, and have been through many hurricanes!)

We had to cancel a cruise two days before the cruise this past January. My husband was diagnosed with heart problems. (He had a successful quadruple heart by-pass and value replacement surgery last week.)

We were told, by Carnival, to get a letter from his cardiologist saying it was unsafe for him to travel. We did this and faxed it to Carnival at the fax number I was given.

We now have a credit for our next Carnival cruise. We didn't get our money back but getting the credit is the same thing. We'll probably use it for our all ready booked B2B cruises in November.

Hurricane season ends November 1st but ships will not go anywhere near a hurricane! (We live on the NC coast, waterfront, and have been through many hurricanes!)

Actually hurricane season technically begins on June 1st and ends November 30th but the probability greatly diminishes in November. According to NOAA (http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/E17.html), between 1851 and 2014 only 5 out 57 worldwide made US landfall in November as opposed to 52 out of 200 worldwide in October and 105 out of 393 worldwide in September.

Edited by capriccio

Actually hurricane season technically begins on June 1st and ends November 30th but the probability greatly diminishes in November. According to NOAA (http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/E17.html), between 1851 and 2014 only 5 out 57 worldwide made US landfall in November as opposed to 52 out of 200 worldwide in October and 105 out of 393 worldwide in September.

Bingo, you beat me to the correction ;)