doctor's note?

jolson56

I broke my leg last year and now have a rod in it.

This will be picked up in a scan, so is a note necessary?

Thanks in advance!

I have 2 rods and 15 screws in my back and 3 screws in my ankle( used to have 8 and rod in my ankle). I have never had a problem going through airport or ship security, mine doesn't set it off.

We are leaving in March on the Grandeur. DH has a pacemaker & a card. I had a knee replacement in 2012 & a card. Will we both have to show the scar before they'll pass us through or should we request a wand. I know he has to have the wand. I need to know whether to wear loose pants so I can pull the leg up to show the scar.

I like the plastic cards. I have one for each hip with a picture of the replacement. You have to combine them with a TSA "blue card" which indicates you have a special medical condition. TSA agents actually seem to listen when you also have the blue card.

I fan the cards at security podium and request the full body scanner. They have been considerate about directing me to the scanner.

I do set off the metal detectors, I don't like the intrusive pat downs, and I really don't like being held in the clear "box" waiting for a female TSA agent, while DH has to try and collect all of our items off the belt.

TSA blue cards can be printed from the website and completed and laminated. :)

I like the plastic cards. I have one for each hip with a picture of the replacement. You have to combine them with a TSA "blue card" which indicates you have a special medical condition. TSA agents actually seem to listen when you also have the blue card.

I fan the cards at security podium and request the full body scanner. They have been considerate about directing me to the scanner.

I do set off the metal detectors, I don't like the intrusive pat downs, and I really don't like being held in the clear "box" waiting for a female TSA agent, while DH has to try and collect all of our items off the belt.

TSA blue cards can be printed from the website and completed and laminated. :)

Thank you for this information. I didn't realize there was such a card. I printed it tonight and will have it laminated.

I would rather be over prepared with a note than be under prepared and delayed due to the extra search.

exactly..

wife has both knees replaced and has never been pulled aside at airports or the ships. on our most recent cruise I was asked to remove my baseball cap while getting back on the ship. so of course I would wear it on purpose after that) while the only women (that I saw on the ship) wearing a Niqab sailed right through.