How to activate Internet Package once onboard?

wtang

My first time on Celebrity this August and I purchased the Unlimited Internet Package (ugh, teenagers). After boarding, when and how do I activate my internet package? I presume I will somehow have to get a password to connect to the ship's WiFi internet. Where do I get this password and how soon after boarding will my teens be able to log in and SnapChat their friends. TIA.

You will get log in instructions in your sea pass package. You create your own password. When you 1st log in they will ask for your folio #, which is on the sea pass. Be aware, with one package, only one device can be logged in at a time so if your teens want to be on line at the same time you would need multiple packages.

When you check in make sure you do get your internet login details, on our last cruise we were not given it and had to call guest services on the ship to sort out the details. It worked out okay but was a bit of a hassle. Also, expect it to be slow. Both in the Mediterranean and to Bermuda we found the service painfully slow all the time.

We both had Internet as part of our package on Reflection in February. However, we had to go to Guest Services, who made a couple of calls then got sent to iLounge to set it up. A very 'minor' annoyance but didn't really take long. So I guess it may work differently for some people. We don't have it as part of our package for our next 2 week cruise on Eclipse so have to decide whether one of us will get it and pay for it separately. Another one of life's pressing decisions!

We got a login name and passcode when we boarded. On some devices the login in screen will pop up but on most you have to go the login URL. The URL is in the login instructions. We were able to get internet while we were still in port.

Also, make sure that you and your teens learn how to log off completely. With the unlimited package, it won't be the problem that it is with the 'minute' plans, but if one isn't fully logged off, another person probably won't be able to connect. After once losing a substantial number of minutes, I now follow their logoff instructions, plus 'disconnect' my internet as a backup each time.

Confused me totally this time, we received log in details at check in last year, this time there were vague instructions on the welcome letter in our cabin.

Basically log on to your browser and create a username and 4 digit pin code, you will need the number from your seapass card the first time to create your account.