Where to stay in Port Canaverale the night before Glory trip

Delta Dear

Where is a good and reasonably priced hotel to stay in the night before taking the Glory ? We understand that the parking may be free, or at least cheaper than near the ship. Shuttle service to the ship provided works well ? Thanks for your recommendations, this is our first cruise.

I reread your post and saw that you will be leaving before us.

Please be sure to let us know how things worked out.

I do know that Doubletree has free parking and $4 shuttle to port.

We are renting from Budget so we'll take their shuttle to the port after dropping off the car.

In June I bid $80/night for 3* hotel, and got Doubletree. I was hoping for Radisson, but this sounds great.

BTW, this thread will probably be moved to the "East Coast Departures" board.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

comfort inn/suites has the park/ride program. i believe they will shuttle u to the port as well. nice big pool, karaoke in the bar..

we stayed at the best western the first time in cocoa...its a real dump..no shuttle, nice pool area w/bar but thats it..

We stayed in Orlando the night before our cruise and then drove to Port Canaveral. We had no idea how nice the Cocoa Beach area was (is). If we cruise out of PC again, we will assuredly stay in Cocoa Beach. I thought the Holiday Inn looked nice but know there are tons of hotels available.

Country Inn/Suites Pt Canaveral. Free parking and free shuttle to ship. Around $70-90/nt

Country Inn had gone up to $109 plus tax when I was ready to book in September. I saw $89 if you are booking well in advance, but cant find that price any more.

Im at the Radisson which also has free parking no matter which room you choose, it was $99 plus tax.

Country Inn and Radisson are the two closest hotels to the port.

Just my two cents, but I would stay away from Priceline/Hotwire if I wanted free parking. Some hotels will not give it to you unless you purchase the cruise package from them. I called the Holiday Inn and Best Western I think?? Called two of them that you could get on hotwire from the comments and amenities it looked like them...and both said they would not give you free parking.

Country Inn & Suites will give you free parking no matter what rate you pay. I just stayed there August 8-11, loved it. The shuttle was $6 per person round trip, very easy, no hassle. Free breakfast every morning, and warm chocolate chip cookies every afternoon. I highly recommend it. If you have AAA, try to get that rate, I paid $98/night. Bonus, I woke up to the Glory outside my window on the 11th! Ask for a room with a view of the cruise ships, and they will try to accomodate you.

I vote for the Radisson, if you don't care about having any view at all from your hotel, it's great. The pool area is awesome, the rooms are clean, the dinner buffet is wonderful, the people are great and I will always stay there. They will let you park your car for free or give you a free ride to the cruise port. It was wonderful, we never left the pool bar for 2 days.

I see nobody has mentioned Residence Inn. It is between Radisson and Country Inn and Suites. We have stayed there three times. Thier price includes a full hot breakfast buffet, free parking, shuttle is $6 per person round trip. Fast quick pick up.

I remember the buffet as being kind of pricey, I think 29.00 but don't quote me on that. It offered everything and lots of meat and seafood. It also included crab Legs, all you could eat. So this made the cost well worth it. The food was excellant. I never ate breakfast but I think they did have a buffet or cooked to order, was not free. There is also a pizza place next door to it that had great food, It stayed packed and so twice we called over and ordered to go. The food out by the pool was also good. I guess that I just can't find anything wrong with anything there. Like I said the rooms are nice but no views, but you will probably always be at the pool anyway. Have a good time.

Lisa S.

Oh yeah, dont pay for the car parking fee or whateever the package is on line, it is free anyway. Also it is free for the ride to the port. Just make sure when you reserve your room to call them and let them know you will also need a ride to the port. It was very hassle free and not crowded as they constantly had busses coming to the hotel for us.

Archived