San Juan port

newtocruisin'

Another question. The Allure week (in July) we are on stops in San Juan, PR. We are docked 7-2. It seems pretty short, as I'm assuming my teenagers won't want to be out by 7 am! Anything worthwhile doing, or do we just have a lazy on-board day? Thanks!

Another question. The Allure week (in July) we are on stops in San Juan' date=' PR. We are docked 7-2. It seems pretty short, as I'm assuming my teenagers won't want to be out by 7 am! Anything worthwhile doing, or do we just have a lazy on-board day? Thanks![/quote']

We booked the zip line and yup got to get up the 21 DD early.

That is the only night before this port our 21 y/o will have a curfew.

In by 1am.

Other than that it is her cruise to enjoy.

Oh dont get me wrong we still are thrilled that she takes the time to send us a message where she is.

Like ". . . dancing in blaze. . . "

And

That is daughter talk for do not go to blaze:eek:

Enjoy, we do.

We have the same hours next week on Oasis......

We are not history/fort buffs, so that is OUT.

We are generally beach people, or drinking.:rolleyes:

We decided to get off around 10:30-11:00 and get some authentic Puerto Rican food (Mofongo) and if there's time, hit the Coach outlet. I heard they give you a 50% off coupon when you walk in the door.:eek::rolleyes:

We have the same hours next week on Oasis......

Hey KP, are you doing the St Maarten, SJ, and Labadee itinerary? If so, would you please email me when you return to let me know what order the MDR menus were? Or at least what night was second formal. Trying to plan what evening for specialty dining? Thank you. timmorey at bellsouth dot net. :)

Edited by Smokey Mountain Tim

Hey KP, are you doing the St Maarten, SJ, and Labadee itinerary? If so, would you please email me when you return to let me know what order the MDR menus were? Trying to plan what evening for specialty dining? Thank you. timmorey at bell south dot net. :)

Hi There, Smokey Mountain Tim!!!! We are doing that itinerary!!!!:D:D

I will try to take pics of the menu every night for you:D

I can email when I get back.....

We decided to get off around 10:30-11:00 and get some authentic Puerto Rican food (Mofongo) and if there's time, hit the Coach outlet. I heard they give you a 50% off coupon when you walk in the door.:eek::rolleyes:

I'm so sorry I read this thread.........now I know what I have to do in PR. ;)

Where is this Coach outlet you speak of???? Any other outlets I should have information on??

I'm so sorry I read this thread.........now I know what I have to do in PR. ;)

Where is this Coach outlet you speak of???? Any other outlets I should have information on??

I've only read about it in others reviews:D:D

I heard it can be a bit tricky to find.........

Address: 158 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, PR 00927

Phone:+1 787-722-6830

We WILL find it!!!:D

I've only read about it in others reviews:D:D

I heard it can be a bit tricky to find.........

Address: 158 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, PR 00927

Phone:+1 787-722-6830

We WILL find it!!!:D

I love your thinking! :D

There is a train type tram, free ride around Old San Juan. It's a short walk from ship and it goes around to El Moro Fort. Great way to see to town cheap[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bacardi Factory tour is pretty cool. Right next to the dock you can catch a water taxi to the other side of the bay for very little money. From there, take a cab to the factory. The factory tour is free and the rum is tasty!!!

i've only read about it in others reviews:d:d

i heard it can be a bit tricky to find.........

Address: 158 calle del cristo, san juan, pr 00927

phone:+1 787-722-6830

we will find it!!!:d

i am not letting my wife anywhere near this thread!!!!!!

You DON'T need to be history buffs to enjoy the forts, I believe they are El Morro and Cristobal, we really enjoyed El Morro the best but both are awesome and the views of the Caribbean are outstanding. I would highly recommend and of course a trip to the Coach store and an adult bevie in town before reboarding.

The last time we were in San Juan, we walked off the boat and were offered a tour on an air conditioned bus for 10-15 per person. It took you around to a lot of great sites in Old San Juan and then dropped you off in the shopping/restaurant area, very close to the dock. It was just a long line of shuttle buses to the left of the dock.

There is also a chocolate restaurant in OSJ. Everything on the menu has chocolate involved in it somehow. It's called casa Cortez chocolate bar. Was a must do for us.

There is also a chocolate restaurant in OSJ. Everything on the menu has chocolate involved in it somehow. It's called casa Cortez chocolate bar. Was a must do for us.

I've only heard talk of this. Would love to try it!!

Hi There, Smokey Mountain Tim!!!! We are doing that itinerary!!!!:D:D

I will try to take pics of the menu every night for you:D

I can email when I get back.....

I'd also love to see the menus and compass. I'll be on this sailing July 17. My email is madimorg@aol.com

Edited by madimorg

The Bacardi Factory tour is pretty cool. Right next to the dock you can catch a water taxi to the other side of the bay for very little money. From there, take a cab to the factory. The factory tour is free and the rum is tasty!!!

I believe the Bacardi tour is no longer free. 3 tours , the freebie is now $15. Yikes! The other 2 are $45 each. I don't think it's worth it.