Has anybody seen Captain Geir-Arne?

stamfordian

We have sailed a few times with Captain G-A and understood he is one of the rotation of captains on Encore. Have always enjoyed his website featuring his wonderful photographs from around the world. However, the most recent posting on there appears to be a year ago when he was leaving Dover on Quest en route to Montreal.

Does anyone know where he has disappeared to?:(:(

I think not, Gercru. The "little sisters" were sold to Windstar in 2014/15 by which time Captain G-A was in command of Seabourn Quest. He then, I believe, moved to Seabourn Encore. But I have seen nothing since then. His Linked-In profile still shows him as a Seabourn Captain.

I always find these "Captain" threads, on any of the cruise lines, interesting. After perhaps 18 cruises, I can't really say I knew who the captains were. (With one notable exception, Captain Romano on the infamous 1993 Fair Princess Tahiti trip!). I trust the lines to place their ships under the leadership of a highly qualified seaman, which they all do, since I've never sailed Concordia.. It has never made a difference to me who that person might be, similar to the captain on an airline flight. Can't recall any conversations with them!

I must just be too antisocial!

One of the great pleasures and advantages for many of us who are repeat cruisers on Seabourn is to get to know the

captain. They host 2 receptions and also dinner parties regularly- as do other senior officers and crew. It's all part of what distinguishes Seabourn from most other lines, especially the mass market behemoths.

Next week I will see Captain Bathgate on Odyssey, very personable and genuine he is. But it could have been Stig Betten and I would have been looking forward to the opportunity equally.

Whether you will sail with other captains such as Mark Dexter on Encore or Tim Roberts on Sojourn or Bjarne Larson on Quest, you will find these officers engaging and generous with their time- on deck, at Seabourn Square or at something organized for the pleasure of all the passengers. And I trust that the irrepressible Geir Arne is enjoying his time off!

Happy and healthy sailing!

We have sailed a few times with Captain G-A and understood he is one of the rotation of captains on Encore. Have always enjoyed his website featuring his wonderful photographs from around the world. However, the most recent posting on there appears to be a year ago when he was leaving Dover on Quest en route to Montreal.

Does anyone know where he has disappeared to?:(:(

We were on the Dover - Montreal - he was wonderful as usual. Hopefully we didn't wear him out! :cool: