Holland air arrangements

Gracie115

we are going to be on the Koningsdam TA in October 2018 and while I know that Holland will help with air, at least I hope so (we've found Celebrity's Choice Air to have the best one way flights to/from Europe) I am wondering if they can help if we want to fly into Amsterdam a week before the cruise which leaves from Rome...we used Choice Air from Paris a week after we arrived in Southampton back in 2015 and the price was great...just wondering if we can expect the same kind of choices with Hal's program...

thanks for any help, this will only be our 2nd HAL cruise so still learning.....:)

Your travel agent, or a HAL rep/PCC can assist you with air using their Flight-ease system. They offer competitive one way fares and can change the arrival city with no problem provided you arrive in to Europe at least one calendar date prior to sailing. There should be a choice of a flex-fare (payment due with final cruise payment, and changes allowed w/ no fee until 45 days prior to departure) or a restricted fare (instant purchase non-refundable, changes for a fee). Both fare options may not be available for all flight options you prefer however.

Hope that helps :D

Your travel agent, or a HAL rep/PCC can assist you with air using their Flight-ease system. They offer competitive one way fares and can change the arrival city with no problem provided you arrive in to Europe at least one calendar date prior to sailing. There should be a choice of a flex-fare (payment due with final cruise payment, and changes allowed w/ no fee until 45 days prior to departure) or a restricted fare (instant purchase non-refundable, changes for a fee). Both fare options may not be available for all flight options you prefer however.

Thanks, yes, it does!

Great information for future reference - many thanks!

Is Flight Ease worth it form transcontinental flights and, if so, can it be upgraded with FF miles?

I believe that FF miles upgrades would depend on the flight booking class. I looked at upgrading an international flight, but my booking is in a low fare class and can't be upgraded.

I really dislike the entire HAL air situation. If I book a Princess cruise I can simple go on their air site and look at all the available flights/prices and the booking terms. A few clicks of the mouse and its done....and I have the ability to carefully weigh every option against what I can find elsewhere.

But for HAL, I would have to call my cruise agent, who would have to call HAL. If I want to look at 10 options, I would be on the phone for a long time (assuming the info is even available). On our recent Princess booking we were looking (online) at all kinds of options when we spotted a really great Business Class fare (from the east coast to Singapore) which we immediately booked. It is doubtful that we would have even considered looking at that airport (JFK) if we had done it on the phone via a cruise agent or HAL. One of our favorite cruise agents does not even like dealing with the HAL air options because she says it is a lot of time spent with few positive results.

Hank