Gifts by Celebrity -- anything special?

love2driveinct

Has anyone ordered any of the Gifts by Celebrity for Delivery Onboard? Are they packaged nicely and/or do they come with a note?

We are cruising to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation and we looked into the actual graduation packages but they are not appropriate for her because they include alcohol. So I was thinking of ordering a little something for a bon voyage gift like the Sweet Tooth selection.

I know people often buy bottles of wine this way, but I haven't seen many posts about the other gifts. I'd be curious to know when they are usually delivered and how they are presented. TIA

I sent the chocolate strawberry package to my cousin & her husband last year...sadly, they told me they were the smallest strawberries they had ever seen. I let Celebrity know and they issued a credit to my credit card. Disappointing since they love choc strawberries, but at least Celebrity acknowledged the problem and tried to fix it.

Congrats to your daughter.

Susan

Edited by lola2013

I always just bring my own gift if that's something I want to do. You could order a special cake. Honestly, a cruise is a pretty groovy gift, nothing else needed. Just add ocean.

Personally I always think those paper things they cr&p up your door with are kind of tacky looking. But that's just me. Have a nice dinner in a specialty restaurant and have them bring a cake.

We ordered flowers for friends on our last cruise and they were fine. Not that we expected anything close to what our local florist would send, but the ability to send a little something was the point.

A card was included. If you are dissuaded from sending any goods i.e. candy, strawberries etc... you can always go with OBC.

Congrats and bon voyage

We had our 25th wedding anniversary dinner in the Tuscan Grille on the Eclipse in early May.

I mentioned it was an anniversary when booking the table. They presented us with a cake. Very nice and unexpected. The view was spectacular. We were at Geiranger Norway that evening. Great memories.

Has anyone ordered any of the Gifts by Celebrity for Delivery Onboard? Are they packaged nicely and/or do they come with a note?

We are cruising to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation and we looked into the actual graduation packages but they are not appropriate for her because they include alcohol. So I was thinking of ordering a little something for a bon voyage gift like the Sweet Tooth selection.

I know people often buy bottles of wine this way, but I haven't seen many posts about the other gifts. I'd be curious to know when they are usually delivered and how they are presented. TIA

At your daughter's age 'doing' is often better than 'having'. I would suggest an excursion in one of your ports of call you keep as a surprise! It could be anything from snorkling, a speed boat trip to a helicopter flight.

Have a wonderful family cruise!

Thank you everyone. Lots of good info and suggestions here.

I agree, the cruise itself is a wonderful gift! And although it is truly a family vacation, I wanted to honor the occasion of her graduation with a little something special, and originally I was just thinking a celebratory dessert at dinner one night would probably suffice. Then I got to wondering if I should do more. Or maybe just bring a little something from home. Maybe I could even have a t-shirt made with something cute like "graduation cruise 2016".

We just sat down and planned out our excursions with the kids a few days ago, so it's probably too late for a surprise. But I think she thoroughly enjoyed the planning process so that was like a gift in itself. When the kids were younger we used to plan everything and not tell them about the next day until the night before. Now they are older and I think they enjoy being included in the process (although I must say my 11-yr-old was a bit overwhelmed by the choices).

It has become a tradition of sort for us; on our last three (14-15 night) cruises I have preordered flowers. They have been waiting in the room on arrival, nice selection and arrangement, and have lasted through most of the voyage.

I ordered orchids for my Mom on a Royal Caribbean TA a couple of weeks ago as a bon page and Mother's Day gift (Mother's Day was halfway through the crossing). She said they were beautiful and lasted through the entire crossing.

• 2 weeks later...
I sent the chocolate strawberry package to my cousin & her husband last year...sadly, they told me they were the smallest strawberries they had ever seen. I let Celebrity know and they issued a credit to my credit card. Disappointing since they love choc strawberries, but at least Celebrity acknowledged the problem and tried to fix it.

Congrats to your daughter.

Susan

This was our regular habit for many of our Celebrity cruises. Sad when the quality goes down since we no longer look forward to this.

I ordered binoculars for my grandson for a mini-cruise with him, his dad & mom. The ones from Celebrity weren't worth the cost but it wasn't much anyway and he was only 9. Also they weren't waiting for him in our cabin, as I had expected, I had to track them down.

That made me think, binoculars might be a good gift if you don't have a good set. There will be fun stuff to see and having her own would be cool.

I think I got ours at REI but I'm not certain. We got them for our first cruise (to Alaska in 2002) and have used them ever since.

We are also on a graduation family celebration cruise with the aforementioned grandson. Nine years later. We are on Explorer of the Seas though.