Disembarking earlie on TA one way cruise

newcruiser08820

Check with the cruise line, but probably so. Last year we planned to take a TA home from Europe. 1st port of call after 7 days was NYC, where we wanted to disembark, and we could. Cruise continued on for 9 more days and ended in FLL after calling on Bermuda and a few Caribbean islands. However....there was NO reduction in price if we got off in NYC after just 7 days.

We disembark early all the time (in the EU) but doing it after 7 days on a 14 day cruise is a bit strange. Assuming there is no legal reason not to let you disembark at the specific port you choose, you would need to give prior notice to the cruise line and obtain permission. The procedures vary slightly from cruise line to cruise line (some require advance notice in writing, others settle for just a heads up). But you would need to pay for the entire 14 day cruise...even if you leave after 7 days.

I should add that when we have done early disembarkation it has always been just one day prior to the end of our cruise (generally in Le Havre).

Hank

I see your 1st port is Ponta Delgada are you planning to stay there for some time ?

My mother doesn't want to fly to Europe and doesn't want to cruise alone. So we would get off at Ponta Deldaga, stay there for one night and then I would fly back to US and she would fly to Russia. Then fly by herself back here

My mother doesn't want to fly to Europe and doesn't want to cruise alone. So we would get off at Ponta Deldaga, stay there for one night and then I would fly back to US and she would fly to Russia. Then fly by herself back here

I think it's really sweet that you are willing to do that for your mom! Hopefully the cruise line will allow you to disembark at Ponta Deldaga. Let us know how it goes! :)

How nice

Maybe see the costs of flights from Spain are better just a thought

Enjoy the cruise

"but doing it after 7 days on a 14 day cruise is a bit strange."

It was a repo cruise leaving from Southampton, we live in NY and NY was the 1st port of call. The ENTIRE cost of the cruise (and it was a total of 16 days) was still less $$$$ then taking the QM.

Just be aware that some port stops are occasionally dropped from itineraries due to weather etc. Didn't Celebrity have to drop a port (think it was Bermuda) recently on a TA?

This is very true. I have done 2 T/As, both westbound to FLL, both due to weather conditions.

On one, Ponta Delgada was cancelled and we stopped at Madeira instead.

On the other, we missed Ponta Delgada and did not get into a port after Lisbon until Bermuda.

So even if OP was able to get the OK from the cruise line to disembark early, they'd better have a plan B lined up just in case!!