Eurodam Burger Joint - The Dive-In

billbunger

Just off the Maasdam - loved the new Dive In ... pager style - no line ups to stand in ... open 11:30 - 6 pm .... be prepared to wait a bit if you order when they first open... no pre cooking of burgers and the grill will not be warmed up enough. Hot dogs are on a rotating grill. Order taken by Lido staff member. They will add or leave off any of the items ie. tomato, lettuce, onions etc. very accommodating. The fries are to die for. When returning from a tour it was the first place we headed for. Good addition in my opinion.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I think Holland America is losing their MOJO. What an interesting change is evolving here. To me, the loss of a real hamburger (with your own selected topping) out on the open air deck is .. just a reminder that good things don't last. For eight years, we've enjoyed the do-it-yourself pool food, but last month the Eurodam let us down. Lunch is more important than supper, to me. Guess I'm getting too old for HA. Hah..

We actually gave up the hamburgers years ago as the meat was not a high quality ground meat that we are used to.

So after reading this thread, on our recent cruise, we tried the new Dive-In. Actually went back a couple more times. The meat was much better. DH did not like the special sauce and never ordered it again. He also tried the hot dog -- and it was good.

One thing to remember -- there are 3 kinds of French Fries and they do not automatically put them on the tray. You have to order them at the same time you order your hamburgers and hot dogs.

I think Holland America is losing their MOJO. What an interesting change is evolving here. To me, the loss of a real hamburger (with your own selected topping) out on the open air deck is .. just a reminder that good things don't last. For eight years, we've enjoyed the do-it-yourself pool food, but last month the Eurodam let us down. Lunch is more important than supper, to me. Guess I'm getting too old for HA. Hah..

I'm confused by that statement. I'm not sure what you consider a real hamburger. The dive in sounds more like my definition of a real burger than a buffet of pre cooked patties. But I don't eat at McDonald's or burger King for hamburgers either, I go to a restaurant that specializes in burgers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tried the Dive In on the Maasdam. They give you those jiggle things (like you use when you are waiting for a table in the MDR) and let you know when it is ready. Seems to take around 10-15 minutes for the shortest time as far as we experienced. DH liked the hamburgers.

Just got an email today for our RuthC who is currently on the "O". They do NOT have Dive-In. :( She is going to try and find out if it will be instituted on the "O" May 11/14.

They have to the end of July to get that puppy up and running. I'm already dreaming of burgers!

Tried the Dive In on the Maasdam. They give you those jiggle things (like you use when you are waiting for a table in the MDR) and let you know when it is ready. Seems to take around 10-15 minutes for the shortest time as far as we experienced. DH liked the hamburgers.

We too tried the Dive In on Maasdam. We found the wait varied by demand, of course, and did wait 1/2 hour once for a burger and fries. Typical was 10 to 20 minutes. One guest was quite upset with her wait wondering aloud if they had gone to kill the cow first.

The burgers and hot dogs are now quite fancy. There's a sauce they are using on the burgers that is very tasty and the burger meat is much better than the hockey pucks they used to have. There was a rumor we heard that they were soon going to pilot charging for the food; I didn't find that it was that good and they really have to shorten the wait time to do this, IMO.

We too tried the Dive In on Maasdam. We found the wait varied by demand, of course, and did wait 1/2 hour once for a burger and fries. Typical was 10 to 20 minutes. One guest was quite upset with her wait wondering aloud if they had gone to kill the cow first.

The burgers and hot dogs are now quite fancy. There's a sauce they are using on the burgers that is very tasty and the burger meat is much better than the hockey pucks they used to have. There was a rumor we heard that they were soon going to pilot charging for the food; I didn't find that it was that good and they really have to shorten the wait time to do this, IMO.

DH is one who will eat anything.

But he found the sauce not to his liking -- left an after taste.

Meat is a little better quality.

But if I had to pay for it -- no way!!