A Transatlantic Voyage on the QM2

DarCrav

I made this video on our first transatlantic crossing in 2010, and I think those of you who love the QM2 and have sailed on her in the past might enjoy it. It's not just the wonderful amenities on board the ship, but the fascinating people you also meet along the way. One of those people was Mary Mastony, and she is at the end of this video. Hope you enjoy it!

https://vimeo.com/100652966

I made this video on our first transatlantic crossing in 2010, and I think those of you who love the QM2 and have sailed on her in the past might enjoy it. It's not just the wonderful amenities on board the ship, but the fascinating people you also meet along the way. One of those people was Mary Mastony, and she is at the end of this video. Hope you enjoy it!

THANKS for this video!

I remember Mary Mastony on the QE2. I have a picture of her in the QE2 laundry, ironing one of her dresses (it took her 2 days!) for the Passenger Talent show!

Dear old Mary! What a character. We met her a number of times on the QE2 and QM2. ~ Thanks for a great video of a fabulous voyage across the pond which we'll be doing once again on July 28th. it was a delight to watch.

Your video should be required viewing for anyone asking: "what do people wear, during the daytime, about the ship?"

Your video contains wonderful footage answering that question : )

Also, DarCrav, it shows how great a tux looks on formal nights!

Edited by jimmybean

We sailed on the June 10 - 17th crossing. Just took the Independence Day Cruise, but I much prefer a crossing. I hate getting off the ship, and I'm perfectly content to sit and watch the sea all day. So yes, we will (God willing) be taking another crossing as soon as possible.

No reason at all. "Earl" just popped into my head and thus, he was named. This last voyage I missed seeing him. I tried to book that very same stateroom, but it must have already been booked.

No reason at all. "Earl" just popped into my head and thus, he was named. This last voyage I missed seeing him. I tried to book that very same stateroom, but it must have already been booked.

Ha! As good a reason as any! If I see Earl in January, I will pass on your regards. :)

Very good video, well done and thanks.

I seem to be having a problem viewing this video. It is saying I don't have permission. Have I been naughty or something

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It might be your security/privacy settings on your laptop. Can't help I'm afraid.

I seem to be having a problem viewing this video. It is saying I don't have permission. Have I been naughty or something😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I could view the video from my MacBook Air. So, for once Apple doesn't seem to be the problem.

Naughtiness is the more intriguing explanation, but some incorrect setting seems to make more sense….

Good luck tweaking your settings! It's a nice video to watch : )

I could view the video from my MacBook Air. So, for once Apple doesn't seem to be the problem.

Naughtiness is the more intriguing explanation, but some incorrect setting seems to make more sense….

Good luck tweaking your settings! It's a nice video to watch : )

It would appear I am out of the naughty corner;) I had to view it on my lap top, iPad just wouldn't play.

Good video loved watching it, brought back my memories of sailing to NY on the QM2, lovely ship

Thank you so much for posting this video. Hushband and I will be doing a TA roundtrip in August, and this is just the warm-up I love.

You both look like you were having a great time.

Regards,

Denise :)

Thank you so much for posting this video. Hushband and I will be doing a TA roundtrip in August, and this is just the warm-up I love.

You both look like you were having a great time.

Regards,

Denise :)

...... think I may have meant husband, although I quite like Hushband :)