Nassau Excursions - SUGGESTIONS

Frookoos

It would not be appropriate to suggest hitting up Sr Frogs and then shopping the straw market. There are some local beaches near port, but they can be kind of skivy and locals are going to hover.

Nassau is not a very family friendly port on a limited budget. Some folks choose to stay aboard and use the water slides, ropes course, etc.

If you have your heart set on Atlantis - look at booking a room at Comfort Suites, which is across the street. They give you free wristbands/towel priviledges/charging priviledges. We have done this numerous times, and saved a lot doing it this way. Just hop a cab - $4 pp ride to Comfort Suites. Check in, pay, get your wristbands. You can even grab some breakfast (free) before you walk over to Atlantis. Pack a bagel from their buffet for lunch - it will save you a lot as food is very expensive at the waterpark. When done, just hop a cab back.

Find Big Mama. She is a taxi driver and she will take you to some good places based on what you want to see. She took us on a great tour of the island and even stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee fix and Hard Rock Cafe so my son could get a T shirt (he collects them). We went to Atlantis, Cable Beach, a historical fort, the Queen's steps, and some shopping. You can find her on facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have your heart set on Atlantis - look at booking a room at Comfort Suites, which is across the street. They give you free wristbands/towel priviledges/charging priviledges. We have done this numerous times, and saved a lot doing it this way. Just hop a cab - $4 pp ride to Comfort Suites. Check in, pay, get your wristbands. You can even grab some breakfast (free) before you walk over to Atlantis. Pack a bagel from their buffet for lunch - it will save you a lot as food is very expensive at the waterpark. When done, just hop a cab back.

Comfort Suites allows only 4 ppl per room. You would need 2 rooms, or 1 room and pay for 1 add'l person thru Atlantis. Depending on the date, Atlantis passes could be sold out, so best to purchase in advance online.

Additionally, you cannot take food from the ship into Nassau unless it is prepackaged by the manufacturer. (chips, granola bars, etc. ) Fresh bagels are a no-no. Please respect your hosts customs rules.

We are going on our first cruise in April. My kids are 13 and 15. We really wanted to do the waterslides at Atlantis, but I think it will be crazy busy since it is spring break. We decided to go to the blue Lagoon dolphin encounter. My question is once the encounter is over, can we hang out on the beach for an additional hour or two? Or do you have to pay extra money. I just figured since were already on the island, we should make the most of the entire day.

Comfort Suites allows only 4 ppl per room. You would need 2 rooms, or 1 room and pay for 1 add'l person thru Atlantis. Depending on the date, Atlantis passes could be sold out, so best to purchase in advance online.

Additionally, you cannot take food from the ship into Nassau unless it is prepackaged by the manufacturer. (chips, granola bars, etc. ) Fresh bagels are a no-no. Please respect your hosts customs rules.

If we get to Nassau at 8am on a Wednesday would we book the hotel for Wednesday or Tuesday since we will not even use the room?

most of the stuff at Blue lagoon is nice my kids loved the place

Is that the place you can also do dolphin encounters?

We have done enjoyable excursions in Nassau- aside from Atlantis, we went to the Melia on Cable Beach and to the Blue Lagoon. Both of those have fine beaches.

There are many short excursions too- such as Ardastra Gardens and Zoo, the Pirates' Museum, and Graycliff Hotel.

All of these places have websites for info on prices etc.

We have done enjoyable excursions in Nassau- aside from Atlantis, we went to the Melia on Cable Beach and to the Blue Lagoon. Both of those have fine beaches.

There are many short excursions too- such as Ardastra Gardens and Zoo, the Pirates' Museum, and Graycliff Hotel.

All of these places have websites for info on prices etc.

Did you arrange your own transportation to Cable Beach? That's what I'm concerned about.

Thank you to all of you for your suggestions!! Here is where we stand - debating between Blue Lagoon, Private Charter, and all inclusive resort day pass. As far as Blue Lagoon - they don't allow you to book directly for the time we arrive - noon. If we could book directly, they include the water inflatables. But since we have to book through the cruise ship, water inflatables/park is extra. I even emailed Blue Lagoon to confirm - lame! Just not sure if $265 + $100 for extra add-ons are worth the three hour excursion...seems pretty short, time-wise.

Thoughts?

Private Charters run about $500 for 5 of us - and includes fishing, snorkeling, water, soda and private beaches if we want. Kids are not fans of snorkeling in deep water...fear of sharks. But they do love fishing!

All- inclusive resorts: only Melia and British Colonial Hilton offer day passes - both of which didn't get great reviews. But are close by and would offer more beach/pool time. For those of you that have done either of these - what are your thoughts?

Hmmm...wish I wasn't as indecisive! Any advice would be awesome...my boys are 4, 8, and 11.

Thanks in advance!!

This is brilliant! Thanks for the tip :D

Yay! I will try to remember to let you know how they were after we go but im terrible about posting after my cruises! Their trip advisor reviews are fantastic though. I did contact them a few weeks ago to reconfirm and they answered within a few hours. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Best excursion ever in 6 cruises! Extended to the 4 hour trip. Carlos was awesome. Let them know ahead of time if you want to do anything special. I mentioned that i would like to try paddleboarding and carlos said that if we told them ahead of time he wouldve had paddleboards. You and your kids are going to have a blast!!!.