Restaurants on Windsurf? Which one's the best?

bobetpine

Hello,

From what I understand, there are three places to have dinner on Windsurf: Amphora (main dining room), Bistro and Candles.

We were on Wind Spirit 5 years ago and food was great every night. I wonder if it is worth it to book at Bistro and Candles, food-wise? I guess you can't compare that but we we go to a resort in the Caribbean, we usually skip the "specialty" restaurants as they end up being less impressive than the main buffet.

Would you say the the food is usually better at Amphora?

Thank you

We love the three restaurants on the Wind Surf. Each has its own concept. We find it very special at Candles being in the fresh air, that is a grille with a set menu. We think the Bistro has great, authentic French cuisine. Amphora has a nightly 6 or 7 course meal with about 3-5 selections for each course depending on the course. You can choose to have all the courses or whatever course you want. The food is inventive, I think there is something delicious for all. I might not be the best person for food advice we love food and are adventurous eaters, we are not fans of buffets. In the am there is a small buffet of fruit and other things but you can order off the menu as well as at lunch there s a salad bar and a menu as well. I love the atmosphere of the Barbecue night being outside but I am one of the few who is not in love with the buffet but the atmosphere makes up for it. In a nutshell I think the food on the ships is loaded with healthy well prepared, inventive food. Happy Sailing

I love the atmosphere of the Barbecue night being outside but I am one of the few who is not in love with the buffet but the atmosphere makes up for it.

Well, you're not alone. BBQ night annoys me. I'd rather be eating in Amphora instead. I don't remember being overly impressed by the food that night but indeed, the atmosphere was fun. Not a gourmet evening, though.

We just returned from the Wind Surf and I must say that food is good to sometimes very good but by far not even close to Celebrity's Luminae restaurant. Best restaurant hands down is Stella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm another who doesn't love the BBQ. I have a lot of food allergies and it's really challenging for me to eat at buffets. I wish they had an option of a few simple meals that can be brought from the kitchen that night.

I'm another who doesn't love the BBQ. I have a lot of food allergies and it's really challenging for me to eat at buffets. I wish they had an option of a few simple meals that can be brought from the kitchen that night.

Is that not an option?

I normally hate buffets. In my opinion, the fresh cooked food at the on deck barbecue is spot on. ( This opinion may be influenced by one night entering Lisbon passing under the bridge, one night hanging out in the Panama Canal passing under the Bridge of the Americas, and a third night in Geringer, Norway.)