Visiting San Diego???

If you are and have any questions hit me up....I have had some really great people offer some really good advise on this board so I just want to pass it forward. I have lived in San Diego all my life and know every nook and cranny. hope to hear from you....

My daughter's birthday is 1 May and we will be arriving in San Diego that day on the Crown Princess. We are in port from7am until 6 pm. Where does Princess dock and what is close by that her and I can do. She'll be turning 27 and I'd rather not just sit on the ship all day. We'd love to go whale watching, but I think that ends in April or I don't know if there are any places to catch their boat within walking distance of our ship. Any restaurants or shopping nearby? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We leave in 75 days!!

HWC-----There is lots to do where you will dock. Basically, you will dock at the foot of Downtown San Diego. If you walk up Broadway Avenue from the dock, you will walk right to Horton Plaza, a large mall. You can also walk to Seaport Village, or right into the Gaslamp Quarter. Lots of great places to eat depending on your taste, and good craft beer!!! You can also take the ferry across the bay to Coronado for additional dining and shopping. Not sure about whale watching but I can keep an eye out for ya:) you can email me at jb832uc@hotmail.com if you have any more questions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Princess is charging $129pp just to bus to and from Seaworld. How far from the port is it and would a cab cost less than $260? Thanks!

It's only 6.5 miles from the port to Sea World. The cab would most certainly be under $25 each way.

• 3 weeks later...
It's only 6.5 miles from the port to Sea World. The cab would most certainly be under $25 each way.

Sea Word has special pricing this year on tickets. Buy one get one 1/2 off. For two of us it seems like a better deal to do this on our own. How easy is it to get a cab where the ship (Crown Princess) would be docked in San Diego and again to leave from Sea World via cab. If anyone has done this or knows, thanks in advance. The Princess excursion says it will get you to the park in 1/2 an hour which would be 9:00 am and the park doesn't open at 10am. They give you5 1/2 hours there then until 3 pm. Our ship leaves at 6pm. So overall I am thinking they will change this info once we get on board possibly giving us less time at the park

So doing this on our own seems like it would be cheaper and give us more time at the park if I can get a good feel for how to get there and back.