Mahogany Bay Roatan

samnbill

It's $12 pp for an all day pass. It takes you from the port shopping area to the gate to the beach (about a 5 minute walk, if you dont' want tot cough up 12 smackeroos.

Head over tot he Roatan Board, not the Cozumel Board and you'll see lots of threads on MBCC and the chair lifts.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question for anyone who may know......

Instead of buying beach excursion through the ship, can one simply walk over to Mahogany Bay and rent a clam shell shade directly from them?

Yes you can. You might run into a snag if they have allotted all the clamshells to the ship (2 ships in port might cause this, for example). But if they have un spoken for clam shells, they'll rent them to you. I don't know the cost though.

A few pictures of the chair lift and the walkway if you decide not to take the lift.

IMG_0518-L.jpg

IMG_0521-L.jpg

IMG_0522-L.jpg

IMG_0523-L.jpg

IMG_0524-L.jpg

IMG_0526-L.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. We will be in Roatan in March. Does the beach have a gentle slope and soft sand?

Thank you for the pictures. We will be in Roatan in March. Does the beach have a gentle slope and soft sand?

You are welcome. We spent the day somewhere else when we were in Roatan, but then came here afterwards. It seemed like a gentle slope and soft sand. We didn't get in the water but my little one did with no problems.

IMG_0544-L.jpg

You are welcome. We spent the day somewhere else when we were in Roatan, but then came here afterwards. It seemed like a gentle slope and soft sand. We didn't get in the water but my little one did with no problems.

Nice picture!

That's what we found it to be: gentle slope with soft sand and calm water. :)

LuLu

Quick question for anyone who may know......

Instead of buying beach excursion through the ship, can one simply walk over to Mahogany Bay and rent a clam shell shade directly from them?

If you head over early there may be some shade from the palm trees as well. The loungers are packed in like sardines, but the view is pretty nice. You pick your own loungers....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is Mahogany Bay just for Carnival cruisers, or is it for all the ships that will be in port? We have two other ships (non carnival) in port with us. Trying to plan on when we need to get there to get chairs, there will be 8 of us all together.

Mahogany Bay only holds 2 ships. If not a Carnival ship, most likely a Princess or Hal ship. RCCL and NCL and others dock in Coxen Hole.

If you ship docks in Mahogany Bay you can use the facilities, if you ship docks in Coxen Hole you cannot use Mahogany bay's beach. You need to show your S&S card to gain entry to the beach area.

My suggestion is to find a resort on West Bay or even Little French Key and have everyone meet up there. You might also try to see if Victor Bodden or Rony can arrange two tours, one leaving MBCC and one leaving CH where everyone can meet up at the same place and travel together to a beach. This will be cheaper per person than separate taxis and everyone will be ensured of getting back to their respective ships on time.

Is Mahogany Bay just for Carnival cruisers, or is it for all the ships that will be in port? We have two other ships (non carnival) in port with us. Trying to plan on when we need to get there to get chairs, there will be 8 of us all together.

Well, it's always harder to find a larger seating arrangement, whether it's in the MDR, on lido deck, or at the beach. I would try to get there early if you all want loungers together. You can save loungers, though, so the faster ones off could get 8 together and then try to find the others in the masses. It's a pretty long beach with rows and rows of loungers and clam shells. You could establish a meeting time by the bathroom or at the end of the walking path/sky chair to find each other. The clam shell with the chair lift excursion option ensures you have loungers at any time when you get off the ship- price is for two people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All ships under the Carnival Corporation umbrella (Princess, HAL, Carnival, Cunard, etc.) use Mahogany Bay. ;)

Other cruise lines (NCL, RCCL, etc.) dock in Coxen Hole.

LuLu

Right I know but our ship, the Glory and the Princess, which makes two since its under the Carnival umbrella.

If all your party is on either the Glory or Emerald Princess (assuming that's the Princess ship) then you'll have no problem meeting up anywhere in MBCC. If any of your party is on a ship docking at Coxen Hole, they won't be allowed into MBCC.

If all your party is on either the Glory or Emerald Princess (assuming that's the Princess ship) then you'll have no problem meeting up anywhere in MBCC. If any of your party is on a ship docking at Coxen Hole, they won't be allowed into MBCC.

Thank you for your help, we are all on the Glory. My concern was we have 8 adults and 4 kids, so was not sure if we would be able to get an area that would accommodate all of us. But from the sounds of it, we should be just fine. Once again thanks for the help.