Favorite "beachy" fragrances

mattp420

I'm looking for something new to wear on our upcoming cruise...wanting a beachy vibe. My current summer beach favorites are Bond no. 9 Fire Island, Creed Virgin Island Water and Bvlgari Aqva Marine. Any suggestions? What are your favorite summer scents?

Cheapest scent from the drug store or walmart......malibu musk! Just makes me think of a romantic beach vacation.

It might raise my wife's eyebrows if I start wearing Malibu Musk! I remember girls BATHING in that stuff back in high school

Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess.

I just picked up a rollerball of this at Macy's this weekend. It will be perfect, I think, for our upcoming cruise. Plus great packaging for travel!!! :D

another great summer scent is Jennifer Aniston. I usually don't like celebrity perfumes, but surprisingly this one is really a great beach scent.

Demeter Salt Air - I wear rarely. I bought their plumeria a couple years ago but it's too strong for me (I love and wear often the gardenia, linden, and honeysuckle fragrances)

For perfume, the only one I wear - and I adore - is India Hicks' Spider Lily from Crabtree & Evelyn. I don't wear fragrance often - it really bothers my husband and many bother me as well (which is why the Demeter scents are ok - they're pretty light and fade quickly) The spider lily has the components I love - a little floral, a little spice, not too heavy....

(Hmm, I haven't bought recently - shows online that it's been renamed Caribbean Island Wildflowers.. http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com/collections/caribbean-island-wild-flowers/ )

I was able to get a bunch of lotion & body gel sample size at the outlet in VA a couple years ago - those were great for travel too!

Edited by Hoyaheel

Miamo Glow by JLO is a favorite summer scent of mine. Like another poster I usually don't go for the " celebrity endorsed" scents. This one however smells awesome. Floral & coconuty & tropical. Perfect for a cruise IMO :)

http://www.fragrancenet.com/fragrances/perfume/jennifer-lopez/miami-glow/edt?gclid=CISMjLrUl8YCFY4kgQod8YcARg#137651

I guess I am a little confused as to why people are listing women's fragrances when we can assume OP is a man?? I mean, I'm not being facetious or anything but I don't think most people are comfortable wearing the other gender's fragrances... besides, they are different formulas, if you will..

I guess I am a little confused as to why people are listing women's fragrances when we can assume OP is a man?? I mean, I'm not being facetious or anything but I don't think most people are comfortable wearing the other gender's fragrances... besides, they are different formulas, if you will..

Lol...it's all good. I probably should've been more specific! But I do think it's safe to say I won't be wearing J.Lo or Jennifer Aniston!! Got a couple of good recommendations on here!

These days, one can't assume anything.;):) However, I was confused as well.:)

There are some fragrances that are made in a woman's and a man's version so they smell similar. I've gotten those pull apart paper ones in store bills or fliers.

I guess I am a little confused as to why people are listing women's fragrances when we can assume OP is a man??

These days, one can't assume anything.;):)

OP never asked for men's or women's fragrances, and for that matter, never mentioned sex in the request. So the responses you get for vague questions are what you get. People think I'm uptight when I say that the better the question, the better the answer, but you know....

If you just want people to brainstorm things which may or may not be helpful, ask vaguely away :D

I actually DID know the OP was a man. Well at least I assumed from the name lol. Decided to post either way as this thread could be used by either man or woman. There are colognes & perfumes made for both. CK has many versions of their 1 fragrances. And actually BOTH of my sons use my perfume all the time. When I asked them why they like using it, the response I got was " Because the girls like the way it smells so they say I smell good when I have it on. Duh Mom".

lol alright then.

But of course to each his own. Just one other instance where someone has to pick apart someone else's response. Doesn't bother me either way, but wonder sometimes why people are so cynical. Cant we all just get along? ;)

I'm sorry - didn't mean to stir up any bad feelings. I was definitely vague in my original post..was actually taking notes on some of the fragrances to check out for my wife. I like some female stuff as well..been known to spray some Samsara on every now and then!

...Just one other instance where someone has to pick apart someone else's response. Doesn't bother me either way, but wonder sometimes why people are so cynical. Cant we all just get along? ;)

Wow, really? Really? I was not picking apart responses, nor am I cynical. Gee.

I'm sorry - didn't mean to stir up any bad feelings. I was definitely vague in my original post..was actually taking notes on some of the fragrances to check out for my wife.

Right Matt... still confused... LOL! I was asking a simple question and I thank you for replying so sweetly. So you are looking for a woman's fragrance for your wife, correct?

Wow, really? Really? I was not picking apart responses, nor am I cynical. Gee.

Right Matt... still confused... LOL! I was asking a simple question and I thank you for replying so sweetly. So you are looking for a woman's fragrance for your wife, correct?

Before this gets too out of hand. Ill apologize to Langley Cruisers for taking your post out of context if I did. :o