Port Everglades vs Miami Port

critcatny

I've read on these boards that Port Everglades is a more efficient port to cruise out of. But most posts I read were from a few years ago. Has it gotten any better in Miami?

I'm more concerned about my sister who will be driving us and picking us up in Miami. She lives in between the 2 ports and has done the driving for others to Port Everglades but this will be a first time to Miami Port.

1) Is it hard to find?

2) Is it hard to drop off or pick up passengers from there?

*If the problems are just for us after she drops us off, I can deal with that, no problem. I just hope I didn't make it harder on her when she was nice enough to drive us both ways. We had the choice to cruise out of either port and only chose Miami b/c it was cheaper.

Thanks for you opinions and advice.

There will be more traffic getting to the Port Of Miami.

Other than that I think once inside the port of Miami is very easy to navigate.

Also you don't have to go through the security check at Miami as you do at Port Everglades.

Keith

I went to Port Miami this weekend. It is so easy to find now that there is the tunnel. Probably the hardest part is trying to read and understand the signs on I95 regarding the express lanes. Drop off and pick up is easy. We went out of terminal D and it is really nice. The garage seemed really full though, and we had to park on the roof. Coming back, it took until after 10 AM to clear all of the people with self-disembarkation, but maybe that's just how Carnival does it. Once we disembarked in luggage group 26 it was about 10:30, but we found our luggage right away and did not have to wait in line more than 3 minutes to clear customs. It was all great but I would not book a return flight before 1 if coming back from Port Miami.

Thank you all again for your advice/opinions.

So with this new tunnel, does it make the trip quicker or just less traffic to deal with?

We are not parking at the port. We are getting a ride to the port and then the same person picking us up after the cruise at the port. I was just asking more for her if it was easy to get in and out of that port since it's somewhere she's never been before.

Thanks

Thank you all again for your advice/opinions.

So with this new tunnel, does it make the trip quicker or just less traffic to deal with?

We are not parking at the port. We are getting a ride to the port and then the same person picking us up after the cruise at the port. I was just asking more for her if it was easy to get in and out of that port since it's somewhere she's never been before.

Thanks

Both ... quicker and less traffic since you do not have to navigate through Downtown. As long as there is no traffic back up on I-395 either to/from the port, it's a great option to use.