UK upgrade offers

KeithJenner

I just received an upgrade offer for our Jade cruise this weekend. I wasn't aware of them being received by UK customers before (although maybe I've missed it).

Some others on our cruise seem to have also received them, so it looks like this has now been expanded to the UK.

Sorry if this is old news.

Me too Keith, after being told so many times that they're not happening here by my PCC. I just checked the bookings and there's still 17 haven cabins free on our escape trip and the rest of our roll call were offered this over 4 weeks ago. I've even sent the PCC an email saying wow and thanks. Mixed feelings here though as our current cabin is b2b and same one so we didn't have to move and if we win there's definitely a cabin move to happen. Oh well worth a punt.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently in an aft mini suite, which is one of the highest level rooms outside of the suites. We seem to be able to bid on just about any suite. The minimum bids are from £390 per person to £1,555 per person. This is for a 15 night cruise.

It isn't something I'm interested in, as we book the rooms we want, so I won't be able to report any progress. Hopefully others will have some success.

We're currently in a balcony and being offered everything from a mini suite starting from £20 to £85 through to every haven category inc spa haven, 2 bed etc. The lowest havens start from £315 and largest £1550 but they are the starting prices.

I just received an upgrade offer for our Jade cruise this weekend. I wasn't aware of them being received by UK customers before (although maybe I've missed it).

Some others on our cruise seem to have also received them, so it looks like this has now been expanded to the UK.

Sorry if this is old news.

I'd be very curious to see if anyone actually, "wins" a suite bid on your sailing. Your sailing and mine have been sold out of full suites for some time now. I've been told that if there's a suite available on the ship that it's put on their site for purchase by anyone but I suspect they are keeping out some for upgrade advantage.

If you end up with a suite no hassle with tender ports getting off ship. I know you've sailed in suites in the past so that's all I got to try to entice you to place a bid.

Good to hear this, as I've been told on numerous occasions that UK are excluded.

How many days till you sail? So I know when to start double checking my emails. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sha32

I'd be very curious to see if anyone actually, "wins" a suite bid on your sailing. Your sailing and mine have been sold out of full suites for some time now. I've been told that if there's a suite available on the ship that it's put on their site for purchase by anyone but I suspect they are keeping out some for upgrade advantage.

If you end up with a suite no hassle with tender ports getting off ship. I know you've sailed in suites in the past so that's all I got to try to entice you to place a bid.

Yes, my understanding was that this whole cruise was pretty well booked up. I've not looked lately, but a few months ago there seemed to be very little available.

Either they've been holding some back or it's a pointless exercise and nobody will win.

It seems odd that just about every suite category is available to bid on.

Minimum bids - we sail early next month. So a haven courtyard min was £315 but max £1550 and when I checked it is currently exactly £1500 more online for the haven than balcony price. It has a gauge so you slide the price increase and it shows you red to green how likely to be accepted. That's price per person and they charge for first 2 in cabin.

Just got my upgrade offers this morning trhough normal email, we are on the on the escape oct 17, booked through uk travel agent. So pleased about this as only booked in an inside to secure the holiday with a view to upgrade at a later date but prices have gone upwards crazy. We were offered an upgrade to outside family stateroom for £160 p/p top bid which was rated excellent, or balcony for £430 p/p top bid. which I bid £215 p/p which was rated good.

Now eagerly waiting to see if I get lucky !!!!!!!

I had an email yesterday for our Sept 3 sailing on Jade, we're in a mini suite, and the costs were from £385 to upgrade to a suite, and £750 to a Haven suite.

Your sailing is also sold out. Not even listed anymore. If you get an upgrade or know of someone on your sailing that does please report success. Good luck.