PG in 2007

Any idea when the schedule will be posted?

I looked at the Regent web sight and it listed 2007 cruises, but not for the PG......

I am going to book a Sept cruise and am curious as if there is a reason the ship is not already listed.

Thanks

Tom

Tom - I don't know the answer but I have just posted your question over on another travel board and if anyone knows they will soon have the answer. (The volunteer webmasters over on that board have not yet changed the name to Regent so the question is posted under Radisson.)

I thought that I read or heard somewhere recently that the PG was being leased to Grand Circle Travel for a period of time. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken. Either way...I am excited about our upcoming cruise on the PG to French Polynesia!

Happy sailing!

I was also wondering when the 2007 PG schedule will be out. My DH and I have our 20th anniversary next year, and a cruise in French Polynesia seems like a perfect way to celebrate. I hope there's nothing going on with the schedule.

Tom

We all wish they would hurry up and release the PG 2007 schedule so we could get our travel planning nailed down. Makes it difficult if you want to use air points to get somewhere as we all know the earlier you book your award flights the better chance you have of getting seats on the dates you need. What ever happened to..........cruiselines encouraging you to book early........hard to do if the schedule is not out.

Pat

You are correct about Grand Circle being involved with the PG.

If I have this correct the understanding is that they were not doing a very good job and have dropped back and allowing Regents to go back to doing the daily schedules, and running the ship.

I was told that the hold up was the schedule for Jan to March 2007. After that the normal 7 day schedule would most likey be assigned. Seems the first 3 months of the year may include Australia runs...yet to be determined.

I want to see the ship after her refit.

And yes Doctor Tom needs to take spouse on the PG.......

I need my Regent fix planned for 2007.......cant wait to see the newly decorated fleet! I want my Regent!!!!!!!!!!!

RMS Olympic: thanks for the update on what the holdup is. Adding more Auzzie itineraries sounds promising. Between all of us continually checking there is no way we can miss when the schedule does finally appear.

Pat

I know that I will sail in September.......the weather was great there during that time of the year. I hope the refit of the ship will be good. Now to figure out which hotel to use pre-cruise.

The Radisson hotel delayed its opening on my last visit and I was moved to the Beachcomber which was very nice.

Is there anyone out there that can comment on the new Radisson hotel property and whether it is recommended over the Beachcomber.

Sept 2007 is so long away...but solidifying travel plans is always on my priority list.

We just returned from a PG cruise in February. We stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights precruise (and during the day before our flight home). Though the Radisson is not as conveniently located, we thought the property was great. I posted a long review of our trip on another board. If you'd like more information, contact me at dreps@comcast.net.

-------------

Eugene

Like i've said in other post i work for the cruise line as a res agent, we are still currently working on the 2007 PG cruise yes mostly becuse of the 1st 3months, we will most likely be doing another presidents cruise like we did this year. And we have contracted the shipt till 2008 so you guys have nothing to worry about another cruise line using the ship. I will post a bulletin letting everyone know when the 2007 sailings are open best of luck to all...:D

To the Regent Agent: can you at least confirm whether or not the PG is going all inclusive in 2007?........like the rest of the Regent fleet.

We are not worried we just want to book and get our travel plans in order.

Thanks Pat

To late to edit my last post but I was going to add that I find it odd that a legitimate agent for Regent would be leaking info to these forums or even post but if I'm proven wrong I'll be the first to apologize.

Pat

To late to edit my last post but I was going to add that I find it odd that a legitimate agent for Regent would be leaking info to these forums or even post but if I'm proven wrong I'll be the first to apologize.

Pat

I'm not "leaking" any info this is all info that is on our site and the President (Mark Conroy) said him self in a press conference about two weeks ago when he announce the name change. I'm just on here trying to answer question you all might have, some of you dont know where to get answer or dont have Travel agents, I really dont have to answer any question but i'm here to try to make your guys experience as easy as it can be by answering questions you might all have.

Is there anyone out there that can comment on the new Radisson hotel property and whether it is recommended over the Beachcomber.

Sept 2007 is so long away...but solidifying travel plans is always on my priority list.

I just finalized my precruise stay for my 21 Jun PG 10- day. I chose the IC hotel because of several comments that descibed it as more "resort-like" and the Radisson more "hotel-lish." After internet studying both, I chose the IC. They have some internet rates that are phenomenal.

Fair enough, Regent Agent........but I still find it hard to believe that Regent Corporate office would approve of online question and answering by one of their employees. Just does not fit the Regent image they are trying to foster........so I'll take what you say with a dose of healthy skepticism.

Flyerdreamer, that would be my choice of hotels too. The IC OW bungalow is not to be missed........I hope you signed up for the Ambassador program so you can get the upgrade. I have photos of it, that I can send you if you wish.

Pat

Fair enough, Regent Agent........but I still find it hard to believe that Regent Corporate office would approve of online question and answering by one of their employees. Just does not fit the Regent image they are trying to foster........so I'll take what you say with a dose of healthy skepticism.
Pat, I think that's wise. I definitely have quite a lot of skepticism. Not that this person isn't a real agent -- I just strongly suspect that his/her postings are not sanctioned by Regent. As I mentioned on another thread, I'm sure RSSC recognizes the power of Cruise Critic as a marketing and public relations tool, and if they were to contribute anything to it from a corporate level, I would expect their contributions to be extremely polished and professional...and to have been generated by someone who's job it is to do so.

ResAgent, I suggest you check with your supervisor, or with your marketing department, to find out if they are okay with you posting information as a Regent employee. I suspect you may find that they are not. You may have come on here just trying to help, but you are presenting yourself as a representative of Regent with inside information. If it is not in your job responsibilities to be doing this, you may be putting your job in jeopardy.

LeeAnne

PG in 2007?

Host Dan

Yes, I get it...but look, when someone comes on here and starts giving us information saying they are an employee of RSSC, I think it's valid to want to know where that information is coming from, and if the source is reliable! Hey, it would be FANTASTIC to have our very own resident RSSC rep on here to answer all our questions with answers directly from the horses mouth, so to speak...I just don't want any of us to be mislead into thinking we've now GOT that, if in fact we don't.

LeeAnne

Yes, I get it...but look, when someone comes on here and starts giving us information saying they are an employee of RSSC, I think it's valid to want to know where that information is coming from, and if the source is reliable! Hey, it would be FANTASTIC to have our very own resident RSSC rep on here to answer all our questions with answers directly from the horses mouth, so to speak...I just don't want any of us to be mislead into thinking we've now GOT that, if in fact we don't.

LeeAnne

In fact.. WE DONT unless that someone makes their presence known as an employee or exec (at least privately to me).. I totally agree with you LeeAnne.

Host Dan

In fact.. WE DONT unless that someone makes their presence known as an employee or exec (at least privately to me).. I totally agree with you LeeAnne.

Host Dan

Yeah...that's what I figured. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

LeeAnne

Archived