Anyone just off the Miracle out there?

goduckies05

OK,

Seriously...It's 3:20pm. I know for a fact you could have debarked by 9:00 and been home by 10:00. That's over 5 hours to turn on your computer and write a review for us!

Dying here! :p

LOL[emoji3]

I'm just as anxious. I'll be sailing the Miracle in 21 days. I did a review of the Miracle last November and will do another one after my cruise. I'm sure there will be others as well in the next few weeks. Here is the new deck plan. Looking forward to what others have to say.

2C6787FE-5F04-4706-B3B1-5B1C1A6E00B3.jpg

ETA. My picture may not be very clear so here's a link to the deck plan:

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MI/DeckPlans/Miracle-Deck-Plan-PDFpdf.pdf

Edited by Kobayashi

Would love to know what you think of the changes!

I just got home off the Miracle. I can't compare the changes to the 2.0 changes on any other ship, but here are my thoughts:

Alchemy Bar replaced the Jeeves Lounge.

- VERY nice looking and spacious. However, it is much different looking than the rest of the ship. You could say it either stands out, or doesn't fit in, depending on how you look at it. They were missing some of the equipment so they had to improvise, or so they said.

Red Frog Rum Bar replaced Frankie & Johnnie's.

- I liked this bar. I thought it would take over one of the small bars on the Lido deck, but it was pretty large here instead. I only stopped by to grab some drinks when the bar staff was busy elsewhere, but they had shuffleboard, darts, and at least one time they served some food (fried plantains.)

Skybox Sports Bar:

- I didn't spend much time in here (not into sports) but stopped by to take a look. Nice TVs and a very updated, crisp look.

Cherry On Top:

- I thought we had this before, but maybe it was Formalities before? Just some candy.

Phantom Lounge/Shows:

- They replaced the 2 "statues" on either side of the stage that were appearing to hold up the roof and they installed TVs in their place. The control booth was now in the middle of the bottom floor, with some wires coming down from the 2nd story.

The shows were a disappointment to me. I hadn't seen any of the "new" shows on other ships, though.

- Welcome Aboard (Varies by CD anyways, but Butch Begovich was our CD -- it's great he came back for this cruise.)

- Lovena Fox sang various songs (I wasn't impressed and it seems to have replaced "Singing with the Big Band" but it was only her. All backup vocals/music was prerecorded.)

- Comedy Juggling (I'd seen this one before. No changes.)

- 88 Keys -- It had some catchy songs. This was the only "big" show and while it was okay, it wasn't what I saw before. Don't sit in the back 4-5 hours of the 1st floor because a lot of it takes place above stage, and you'll only see the bottom of peoples' bodies due to the balcony.

- Hypnotist -- I think I previously saw this in a small lounge. Didn't seem to be a good replacement for the big nightly shows.

- Comedy Magic -- It was funny, but was a single person on stage with a couple of volunteers. Nothing like the Ticket To Ride show we had last time.

We had some things broken (like one of the elevators in the atrium) and not everything was refreshed (torn wallpaper/vandalism) but the new changes were so fresh that we could smell paint in some cases. There were other small things that detracted from the experience but I'm sure they were just leftover from the dry dock and may even be fixed now for the next cruise.

If anyone has any specific questions then I will answer them.

Edited by wlc108

We're the carpets and mattresses and things of that nature all replaced during dry dock? How was debarkation? I've heard there have been some very slow goings with the miracle in turn around day.

I didn't specifically look at all the carpets, but the ones I noticed certainly didn't look new. The only one that looked pretty bad was the Madhatter's Lounge which I know wasn't new. Our mattress was very comfortable but I don't know if it was replaced. At least 2 of the big blue lighting fixtures in the Atrium area were missing and had exposed bulbs. (I imagine those must be special order...)

As for debarkation, we had FttF and were told to meet in the dining room on 3rd deck @ 8:30. I think around 8:50 they told us to follow them, but we had to stand in the hallway near the photos for 10+ minutes before the line started moving and we could begin to exit the ship. Customs took a while compared to what I remember last time but I know that's not Carnival.

Speaking of slow goings... on the first night in the dining room it took 1.5 hours for our starter+main dish so we didn't even eat dessert. The 2nd night we got a different staff (Your Time Dining) who were great (Eduardo & Team) and asked for them the rest of the cruise.

Edited by wlc108

I just got home off the Miracle. I can't compare the changes to the 2.0 changes on any other ship, but here are my thoughts:

- VERY nice looking and spacious. However, it is much different looking than the rest of the ship. You could say it either stands out, or doesn't fit in, depending on how you look at it. They were missing some of the equipment so they had to improvise, or so they said.

- I liked this bar. I thought it would take over one of the small bars on the Lido deck, but it was pretty large here instead. I only stopped by to grab some drinks when the bar staff was busy elsewhere, but they had shuffleboard, darts, and at least one time they served some food (fried plantains.)

Skybox Sports Bar:

- I didn't spend much time in here (not into sports) but stopped by to take a look. Nice TVs and a very updated, crisp look.

Cherry On Top:

- I thought we had this before, but maybe it was Formalities before? Just some candy.

Phantom Lounge/Shows:

- They replaced the 2 "statues" on either side of the stage that were appearing to hold up the roof and they installed TVs in their place. The control booth was now in the middle of the bottom floor, with some wires coming down from the 2nd story.

The shows were a disappointment to me. I hadn't seen any of the "new" shows on other ships, though.

- Welcome Aboard (Varies by CD anyways, but Butch Begovich was our CD -- it's great he came back for this cruise.)

- Lovena Fox sang various songs (I wasn't impressed and it seems to have replaced "Singing with the Big Band" but it was only her. All backup vocals/music was prerecorded.)

- 88 Keys -- It had some catchy songs. This was the only "big" show and while it was okay, it wasn't what I saw before. Don't sit in the back 4-5 hours of the 1st floor because a lot of it takes place above stage, and you'll only see the bottom of peoples' bodies due to the balcony.

- Hypnotist -- I think I previously saw this in a small lounge. Didn't seem to be a good replacement for the big nightly shows.

- Comedy Magic -- It was funny, but was a single person on stage with a couple of volunteers. Nothing like the Ticket To Ride show we had last time.

We had some things broken (like one of the elevators in the atrium) and not everything was refreshed (torn wallpaper/vandalism) but the new changes were so fresh that we could smell paint in some cases. There were other small things that detracted from the experience but I'm sure they were just leftover from the dry dock and may even be fixed now for the next cruise.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any must dos for the miracle? Did you do any excursions that you would recommend?

This cruise we only did Rhythms Of The Night in Puerto Vallarta (very nice and is at Las Caletas, which is another nice excursion during the day.) I think one of those excursions is a must do if you haven't done them before.

In Cabo San Lucas we just paid for a glass bottom boat tour while on the dock for a fraction of Carnival's price. We'd been to both Cabo & Puerto Vallarta before so we weren't rushed to see anything.

Did they repair/replace the decking on the Serenity Deck? Our past 2 cruises on the Miracle there was definite problems with the decking lifting and gross smelling water building up under them. And any other changes/updates to Serenity? That is basically where we live for the week :).

Thanks for your review!

Did they repair/replace the decking on the Serenity Deck? Our past 2 cruises on the Miracle there was definite problems with the decking lifting and gross smelling water building up under them. And any other changes/updates to Serenity? That is basically where we live for the week :).

Thanks for your review!

Excellent question, would like to know this as well. We saw and smelled that last month. The rotting boards that were popped up from the steel deck plating on port side had cones around them to alert of trip hazard.

Skybox Sports Bar:

Cherry On Top:

Phantom Lounge/Shows:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Will cruise Miracle soon. Also it actually is the Red Frog Pub (Rum Bar are the ones that are on the 2.0 Lido). Great to know that the activities and there are decent snacks.

What about the propulsion issue? Was that fixed?

I think the propulsion issue was probably fixed because I did notice that from Cabo to Long Beach we were going ~22knots according to our TV and it seemed quick, unlike last year.

I have heard Guy's not done during the 2.0? Is that true?
yep, no Blue Iguana, Guys and only 1 of the new shows. Not sure if the others will be ready before we sail. I read the people on the first cruise only had one "Broadway style show" the others were just a vocalist and magician. It is a disappointing. When they announced 2.0 they said it was fleet wide. Guess the Miracle is not part of the Fleet.

But it will not effect my joy of the cruise. I was on the Miracle last year and it was great, so any improvements, are just that, "improvements":).

Can't wait to see you all on board. We have a huge balcony. Bring your own drink and come join us on it:)

We have dinner reservation at Nick and Nora's the first night. (It is our anniversary) And for those of you who do not know, when you schedule on the first night a free bottle of house wine is included. (At least it was, things change so very fast around here: