AOS: Tell me about the sofa bed in the quad cabins

The only way we could afford to take our (grown) children on 2 cruises with us was if we all stayed in one cabin. They slept on the sofa bed with little, if no complaint. :) Others may say it is uncomfortable and true, I wouldn't have wanted to trade with them (!), but for a week, it was fine. They did sleep "the other way", as I recall - I mean, not with their heads at the top but from side to side, if that makes sense. They seemed to have a little more room that way. If you are talking about little children in the sofa bed, then it will be no problem.

The only way we could afford to take our (grown) children on 2 cruises with us was if we all stayed in one cabin. They slept on the sofa bed with little, if no complaint. :) Others may say it is uncomfortable and true, I wouldn't have wanted to trade with them (!), but for a week, it was fine. They did sleep "the other way", as I recall - I mean, not with their heads at the top but from side to side, if that makes sense. They seemed to have a little more room that way. If you are talking about little children in the sofa bed, then it will be no problem.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it would be a hubby/wife in the queen/king and then my best friend and I would be sharing the sofa. Granted we are both 5 feet 2 inches but still, I'm not used to sharing a bed so I think a double size would be too small...especially for 14 nights :(. I was afraid of that. DANG it RCL<<<< why don't your quad balcony's have a single sofa and a bunk!!!!

I'm looking for honest info regarding the 2 person sofa bed in the balcony cabins that sleep 4 on Adventure of the Seas (or same class of ship).

Size?

Comfort?

Thank you.

Gina

The sofa bed would be about the size of a double bed and is just that a sofa bed. We had one in our room when we did the AOS a couple of years ago. It will make the room tight with 4 people in it. 4 adults, yikes, 2 adults and 2 kids, doable.

The bathroom is small, and the closet smaller.

The ship is great, the balconies are great to sit on and watch the sea go by.

The sofa bed would be about the size of a double bed and is just that a sofa bed. We had one in our room when we did the AOS a couple of years ago. It will make the room tight with 4 people in it. 4 adults, yikes, 2 adults and 2 kids, doable.

The ship is great, the balconies are great to sit on and watch the sea go by.

Sigh. I know you are right. But I'm having trouble getting the amount of money we would save out of my head :rolleyes:

Thanks for the honest opinions!

Gina

Sigh. I know you are right. But I'm having trouble getting the amount of money we would save out of my head :rolleyes:

Thanks for the honest opinions!

Gina

found a couple of pics that my wife would let me post :) of the room.

A pic of the bathroom, and the bottom of shower (or as one cruiser said it is a test tube for one), this is a tight space.

This shows the bed and the sofa bed beside it (yes the beds are that close to each other). You would have to be VERY good friends for 14 days in this room.

1520766684_IMGP0930-Copy.jpg.01d61663ed2b31067b4b39ebd9b6f56c.jpg

1459233439_IMGP0931-Copy.jpg.cd6357614fd5193211293a4c110161d0.jpg

1243554052_IMGP0933-Copy.jpg.bdec86f662c765f6e3ce0eaf73ddfe24.jpg

1873924160_IMGP0932-Copy.jpg.bde55a7836a47d530ec54352b06d4c09.jpg

• 5 months later...

Found your thread while searching for info on sofa beds on the Adventure. I was dismayed to find that RCI doesn't have the bunk bed style quads. Looks like it's going to be me and my daughter on twins and my husband and 12 year old son on the sofa bed!

I have to agree. There is no way I would do four adults in a regular room, not for any number of nights. When the sofa bed is opened up there is almost no floor space to move around. And I wouldn't want to do four with the bathroom. We do three with our teenage daughter and it's tight enough. Not that it matters, but FYI it's not what you'd picture as a "sofa bed" really. The part of the sofa you sit on pulls out and the back falls down next to it. It ends up being about 8 inches high off the floor.

With two in that sofa bed, if the person next to the wall has to get up in the night to use the bathroom, good luck.......

Edited by bouhunter

Hooo boy... Not sure how I feel about this now! My kids are basically adult size at 12 and 16. Are there any other better arrangements on AOS for four people?

Royal Family Suite with two bedrooms, but that will most likely be significanly more expensive.

Hooo boy... Not sure how I feel about this now! My kids are basically adult size at 12 and 16. Are there any other better arrangements on AOS for four people?

If you did go that route, you'd probably want the real beds together as a queen. Separating them into twins would make the floor space even tighter. Lots of people have put four adult sized persons in a regular room and survived, I just wouldn't do it myself. Once they open up that sofa bed after dinner there is just so little room to move around. If it was me, I'd look at getting two rooms, ideally a balcony for the adults and an inside across the hall for the kids. Of course it will cost more. Or of course cheaper to get two inside rooms. In addition to the benefits of better sleeping for all and more overall space, TWO bathrooms!:D:)

We ended up going with a quad ocean view so that we can have 4 separate beds. We're going to rotate each night so that we all get turns in the bunks :rolleyes:.

Gina

Hmmm...that's a possibility! I would miss the balcony, but at least we wouldn't have to cram in a double bed. Thanks for the info.

We ended up going with a quad ocean view so that we can have 4 separate beds. We're going to rotate each night so that we all get turns in the bunks :rolleyes:.

Gina

Be aware that they do NOT change the sheets every day anymore...."Save the Waves", and all that eco stuff.

I would much rather have 2 cabins, than share a bed with anyone I'm not routinely sleeping with.

Be aware that they do NOT change the sheets every day anymore...."Save the Waves", and all that eco stuff.

I would much rather have 2 cabins, than share a bed with anyone I'm not routinely sleeping with.

Well, we'll just have to "not be green" and ask for the sheets to be changed daily...or that clean ones be left and we'll do it ourselves. Thanks for the heads up.

Gina

Well, we'll just have to "not be green" and ask for the sheets to be changed daily...

Really? But you're all family. :) That's a lot of extra work and washing to be done, to change 4 beds daily and wash 4 extra sets of sheets daily. Just sayin'. ;) I just hope you'll reconsider. It is a lot of laundry and Royal does really excel in their Save the Waves program. Had you even considered it before one person on a message board said something? ;):p

Really? But you're all family. :) That's a lot of extra work and washing to be done, to change 4 beds daily and wash 4 extra sets of sheets daily. Just sayin'. ;) I just hope you'll reconsider. It is a lot of laundry and Royal does really excel in their Save the Waves program. Had you even considered it before one person on a message board said something? ;):p

Maybe if we were family, yes. But we're not and 14 nights is a loooong time. Pretty sure gratuities are meant to help compensate for cleaning ones stateroom. Doesn't have to be daily but GROSS to think that RCL doesn't wash bedding. :eek:

We book balconies with pullman and sofa for our family of 4. My son goes up in the pullman and my daughter sleeps on the sofa bed. She is still short enough that we do not pull the sofa bed out fully so we have a path to the toilet. I think this cruise she may be sleeping on a diagonal - lol! I do not think you could sleep 2 adults on the sofa bed comfortably. Maybe consider an inside cabin too.