Which is the better beach: Lindbergh (Emerald) or Honeymoon?

canadarocks

We'll be docked at Crown Bay in March with 2 other cruise ships in St Thomas that day. We're either grabbing a cab to the Best Western Emerald Beach resort on Lindbergh Beach or taking the ferry over to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island.

Any votes for one or the other? :)

Emerald is bigger so less likely to feel crowded. Honeymoon has gotten busier lately and now has 3 food concessions. Some people find walking to Honeymoon challenging because of heat and the hill. You can rent a golf cart for the day, though they can't hold many people.

• 2 weeks later...
(Just curious) :)

"about why limiting beach choices to Emerald (Lindbergh) and Honeymoon"

Sorry, Blue Water, but that just hit me personally as funny :D. Why? Because I've been reading SOOOO MUCH on cc about the various beaches on St. Thomas. I have gotten so confused and really wish for time to visit all of them. But one day doesn't allow that luxury. So, am being "forced" to limit choices.

It had been awhile since being on cc until last night---after reading multiple threads, I changed my mind once again!! Decided for sure it was going to be Coki. Now, today I start reading again, and am faltering on my decision.

Ugh, too many beaches, too little time! With multiple trips, I guess I can experience all of them, and come up with "my" favorite and suggested beach!

Now, let's see---which one am I "for sure" going to visit in about 1 1/2 weeks???? :confused:

"about why limiting beach choices to Emerald (Lindbergh) and Honeymoon"

Sorry, Blue Water, but that just hit me personally as funny :D. Why? Because I've been reading SOOOO MUCH on cc about the various beaches on St. Thomas. I have gotten so confused and really wish for time to visit all of them. But one day doesn't allow that luxury. So, am being "forced" to limit choices.

It had been awhile since being on cc until last night---after reading multiple threads, I changed my mind once again!! Decided for sure it was going to be Coki. Now, today I start reading again, and am faltering on my decision.

Ugh, too many beaches, too little time! With multiple trips, I guess I can experience all of them, and come up with "my" favorite and suggested beach!

Now, let's see---which one am I "for sure" going to visit in about 1 1/2 weeks???? :confused:

Me too, I keep going back and forth!! Just want a nice beach for sunning and swimming with chairs to rent, bathroom and food a drinks that aren't overpriced!! LOL

Not sure what's considered overpriced. Prices on St Thomas are pretty much the same no matter where you go. Beers $3-$5. Burgers w/ fries $10-$12, plus tip, etc. If you consider those overpriced you should eat at Wendy's near the ship and buy adult drinks at a grocery or convenience store.

Don't be sorry Tenn Rose! I had to ask :) So many nicer beaches to choose from!

But Lindbergh is a fine beach to relax at. Whatever is easier to get to also plays a part. If docked at Crown Lindbergh looks appealing. If docked at Havensight Lindbergh loses its appeal due t the traffic through town.

We would always choose the nicer beaches on the East End but that's us!

I would say for an easy day go to the closest, and for Crown that's Lindbergh, for Havensight it's Morningstar.

There - settled!

Gracie it really comes down to the vibe you want as most beaches have the amenities. Can't help with the "overpriced" part - Good Luck! ;)

Not sure what's considered overpriced. Prices on St Thomas are pretty much the same no matter where you go. Beers $3-$5. Burgers w/ fries $10-$12, plus tip, etc. If you consider those overpriced you should eat at Wendy's near the ship and buy adult drinks at a grocery or convenience store.

No, that's reasonable for vacation as long as the food is good. Where at Coki do you suggest?

Don't be sorry Tenn Rose! I had to ask :) So many nicer beaches to choose from!

But Lindbergh is a fine beach to relax at. Whatever is easier to get to also plays a part. If docked at Crown Lindbergh looks appealing. If docked at Havensight Lindbergh loses its appeal due t the traffic through town.

We would always choose the nicer beaches on the East End but that's us!

I would say for an easy day go to the closest, and for Crown that's Lindbergh, for Havensight it's Morningstar.

There - settled!

Gracie it really comes down to the vibe you want as most beaches have the amenities. Can't help with the "overpriced" part - Good Luck! ;)

blue_water, do you know of any places on the beach that have massages? I have one booked in Antigua on the beach for 55.00 for a hour and found similar in Cozumel. I haven't seen anything about any St. Thomas beaches offering them.

Thx